+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding CAP system

khanams

Mar 18, 2010
Hi,

Can you please tell me is there any possibility that we would be able to know before sending the application of federal skilled worker visa the count of CAP. I mean can we know how many applications have Canada till now received the applications? If we know ahead we can stop sending the applicant this year and send it the coming year. OR will CIC make it an announcement after they are filled with applications according to the CAP system?

Please answer it with priority.

Thank you. Your timely help would be of great help..

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
at this point we dont know if they will announce or not. As of now, the only way to know is if someone has been rejected due to cap and they mention it here. Remember, they haven't started processing any post-jun 2010 application yet so even if the cap has been reached, not even CIC knows of it yet.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Currently there is no system available that tell the number of current application received by CIO

Only way is to send the docs and wait for CHC reply.

As for announcement wer will have to wait and watch

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Maaties said:
at this point we dont know if they will announce or not. As of now, the only way to know is if someone has been rejected due to cap and they mention it here. Remember, they haven't started processing any post-jun 2010 application yet so even if the cap has been reached, not even CIC knows of it yet.
That's correct. As I understand it, an application will count towards the cap when it gets send for processing to Visa Office.

This means that some NOCs may already be full and not even CIC knows it - so some people may be going through the large expense of applying (notarizing documents, getting IELTS tests etc) when they already have no chance of approval.

I think owing to the expenses involved in applying CIC should have focussed on at least deciding if an application was processing-worthy and advertised the NOC cap rather than just sit on post-June 26 applications for 2 months, could be very frustrating and expensive for some people.

Wayne.

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Just prepare your file & send it to CIO asap.

After that,,,relax
Good Luck!!