+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding BOWP

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
Hi All

I have a situation need inputs

My pr is in process(aor aug 11_cec) and I am primary applicant. I am currently on closed wp and have raised extension for my closed wp.

My hubby is on spousal owp . And to raise an extension for him based on my wp I will need to wait till my extension is approved which would be late.

Can I apply BOWP only for him using the Aor letter without impacting my closed wp extension.?

Any help would.be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashwini

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
When I applied for my study visa, I applied for my husbands work permit at the same time and put a letter of explanation in his section stating he is applying for an open work permit pending his wife being approved for the study permit. The study permit and his work permit were approved.

Now I submitted PR application and need to apply for a BOWP- I wont have enough time so I will be submitting both at the same time and attach a note that he is applying for an extension of his permit pending his wife being approved for a BOWP.

I cant tell you what to do, but that's the route I'm taking. Their rules clearly state the spouse if eligible so I'm not going to stress to much about it. Waiting for the PR application is stressful enough already.

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply.
Could you please share the content of the letter that you attached as explanation .will help me

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I just put this in my husbands LOE

I am applying for an Open Work Permit, pending my wife being approved for her Bridging Open Work Permit. Her Express Entry application was submitted on (insert date) and I am a dependent on that application- see Express Entry Application Number (Insert Application Number).