+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refused parents visitor visa

asiul06

Aug 31, 2018
I would say lay low for sometime. Cancel their flight tickets and apply after some time. May be after 6 months to a year. Also in addition to how much your husband earns, it also matters how much you have in your bank accounts.

I recently did TRV for my parents and my in-laws. They are all retired. Also, I am the only son, so I had to make sure we show sufficient proof of ties for my parents. On a high level, these are the documents I submitted, and their Visas were approved in around 10 days time. They have all made their trips successfully and went back.

Their documents:
>Passport and other ID.
>Bank account statements
>Notarized current market evaluation for the properties they own.
>Return flight tickets.
>Itinerary of what they were going to do in Canada.
Our documents:
>Passport and other ID.
>Bank account statements and recent salary slips.

Thanks. How many months they stayed?
I forwarded almost the same. It just the property doesn’t know the market value and not notarized.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband salary is more than enough for 6 persons as the low income $59,304 gross annual. But my friends said it’s easy the trv than the supervisa. My husband can’t wait to get a ticket as it’s cheaper than to get last minute. We want them before Christmas but unfortunately got refused. Any advise what the best thing to reapply? My husband said ticket can refund full but I really want them to visit. Thanks
Although you may technically qualify 60K is not a lot to support 6 people especially in a larger city. Cheaper plane tickets are usually not refundable especially closer to the departure date. You will also have to budget for the cost of insurance. No matter what you should be purchasing insurance for your parents because one hospital visit could have serious financial implications for your family. Supervisa seems like your only option but it is not guaranteed.

asiul06

Aug 31, 2018
Although you may technically qualify 60K is not a lot to support 6 people especially in a larger city. Cheaper plane tickets are usually not refundable especially closer to the departure date. You will also have to budget for the cost of insurance. No matter what you should be purchasing insurance for your parents because one hospital visit could have serious financial implications for your family. Supervisa seems like your only option but it is not guaranteed.

The insurance and their medical is a big factor as my mom is under maintenance. It’s a risk to apply for supervisa as they need to pass the exam as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The insurance and their medical is a big factor as my mom is under maintenance. It’s a risk to apply for supervisa as they need to pass the exam as well
Maintenance for what? If your mother ends up in a Canadian hospital you will need to pay the bill. She can only bring a 90 day supply of medication with her.

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
You and your husband must prove you meet LICO for yourself + your husband + your children + your parents.

Your parents must pass the super visa medicals. Yes, you must include super visa insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 for one year with their applications
thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? Thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter (required)

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Father’s Bank statements (6 months)

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

Doctors Note (wife pregnant)

Travel Itinerary

Canadian Medical Insurance

Proof of Relationship (required)

My Birth Certificate

Client Information (optional)
Pictures

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? Thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter (required)

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Father’s Bank statements (6 months)

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

Doctors Note (wife pregnant)

Travel Itinerary

Canadian Medical Insurance

Proof of Relationship (required)

My Birth Certificate

Client Information (optional)
Pictures
Can you please start another thread as we will go off-topic with the original query this thread was for.

Sue04

Sep 5, 2018
Hi just want to share.
Mom visitor visa online application date August 20, 2018
Passport Request Sept 5, 2018

Sue04

Sep 5, 2018
Visitor visa application
I added our assets and Bank accounts and letter of invitation and also my moms asset and itinerary coz on the refusal letter it says reason of refusal are travel history, personal asset of my mom, funds and assets of the hosts

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Visitor visa application
I added our assets and Bank accounts and letter of invitation and also my moms asset and itinerary coz on the refusal letter it says reason of refusal are travel history, personal asset of my mom, funds and assets of the hosts
These reasons I believe is the discretion of the officer who is handling the application. To be honest, my mom has been a housewife all her life and hasn’t been employed in any way, no business, which means we were not able to submit any bank account/funds under her name. We only submitted our financial proof but attached a solid cover letter and invitation letter. I was hesitant to apply because all I have been seeing here in the forums are discouragements on not to move forward of the applicany does not have any funds under her name, no assets as well. But I encourage everyone in the same position as me to just apply and defend the application accordingly. Don’t lose hope because not every parent/family can afford to have assets and big income.

We also did mention that she would help in taking care of 3 kids and would stay for 6 months.

So, my mom was approved for a 10 years multiple entry visa. After the review of eligibility (less than 24hrs) the application was approved right there and then.

Reactions: bpayne788

shoberane27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2014, app received per call in cic Oct. 8, 2014, app received per ecas Nov. 19, 2014, February 15, 2015 SA
File Transfer...
March 3, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process April 30, 2015/ DM May 14, 2015/ VOH June 5, 2015
LANDED..........
August 1, 2015
I applied for my father’s visit visa last August 24 and got approved just today Sept. 6.

My father stopped working since 2016 and doesn’t have any bank account. So what we did is my sister opened a bank account under his name and I put some money on it which is less than $1000 and requested for a bank certificate.

On our ends, my husband and I submitted our NOA, payslip, t4 and COE. (No bank statement) I also wrote an invitation letter stating that I will shoulder all my father’s expenses here as well as his airfare. Also, in the invitation letter, I stated that my father doesn’t have any travel history as he was so busy working for the family.

We also made an itinerary for his supposed 3 weeks stay here and attached a dummy ticket of his flight. At the end of the itinerary, i mentioned that he needs to be home coz my sister is about to give birth and he always visits his elderly parents in the province.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
How did this all end? I am about to apply for my mother in law in the Philippines who does not have a travel history ect. I will include her business registration and bank account (less then $1000 cad) as well as my and my wifes bank account statements ($100k+ savings). we had my brother in laws trv approved last year for our wedding. we want my wifes mom here for the birth of our first child but we are not saying so.

Question, if we say she is coming here for 3 weeks and she gets approved for 6 months, can we just book a ticket for 5-6 months stay or will they flag that when she gets here because we only said 3 weeks?

Givens

Jan 19, 2019
These reasons I believe is the discretion of the officer who is handling the application. To be honest, my mom has been a housewife all her life and hasn’t been employed in any way, no business, which means we were not able to submit any bank account/funds under her name. We only submitted our financial proof but attached a solid cover letter and invitation letter. I was hesitant to apply because all I have been seeing here in the forums are discouragements on not to move forward of the applicany does not have any funds under her name, no assets as well. But I encourage everyone in the same position as me to just apply and defend the application accordingly. Don’t lose hope because not every parent/family can afford to have assets and big income.

We also did mention that she would help in taking care of 3 kids and would stay for 6 months.

So, my mom was approved for a 10 years multiple entry visa. After the review of eligibility (less than 24hrs) the application was approved right there and then.
Could you please send me your invitation letter and the cover letter? I am in exactly the same situation and i would like to reapply right away

etgudiya

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,
My mother is a single working parent. We applied her visa in February but today we received a refusal on her application.The reason was strong family ties to Canada. She still has her 6 years service left. I am on work permit here and my brother is here with his family. Any help is highly appreciated.