+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refused parents visitor visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
My mother is a single working parent. We applied her visa in February but today we received a refusal on her application.The reason was strong family ties to Canada. She still has her 6 years service left. I am on work permit here and my brother is here with his family. Any help is highly appreciated.
You need to submit more proof that she will return home. Are other family members dependent on her? Does she have commitments that wold prove she needed to return home?

etgudiya

Jan 3, 2019
You need to submit more proof that she will return home. Are other family members dependent on her? Does she have commitments that wold prove she needed to return home?
She does not have anyone dependent on her. However she is in goverment job and has 6 years of job tenure remaining.

Can you please suggest if we should go for visitor visa or shall I apply for her supervisa.

Dec 4, 2018
Hello,

My father is an advocate (private practice) by profession and there is no regular source of income. My mother is a housewife.

I applied for my parents Visitor Visa in Dec 2019. And got a refusal for both of them in Jan 2020 stating the following:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

My mother has some property under her name (which I’ll now show when reapplying). I want them to visit us and meet their grandson who is just an year old now.
Both me and my husband are PR and have jobs.
Should I reapply for a Visitor VISA or try for a SuperVisa?

Also, what all documents should be included to assure the VISA officer that they’ll go back after their visit? My parents live with my brother in India(their only son), his wife and grandson. Also, all my siblings are working and well settled in India.

I also got the GCMS report for this refused application. This states:
“I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant’s purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada May outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant’s purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented.
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused the application.”

My father was the primary applicant for this Visitor visa application.

Please advise. Thank you!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My father is an advocate (private practice) by profession and there is no regular source of income. My mother is a housewife.

I applied for my parents Visitor Visa in Dec 2019. And got a refusal for both of them in Jan 2020 stating the following:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

My mother has some property under her name (which I’ll now show when reapplying). I want them to visit us and meet their grandson who is just an year old now.
Both me and my husband are PR and have jobs.
Should I reapply for a Visitor VISA or try for a SuperVisa?

Also, what all documents should be included to assure the VISA officer that they’ll go back after their visit? My parents live with my brother in India(their only son), his wife and grandson. Also, all my siblings are working and well settled in India.

I also got the GCMS report for this refused application. This states:
“I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant’s purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada May outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant’s purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented.
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused the application.”

My father was the primary applicant for this Visitor visa application.

Please advise. Thank you!
Where do they live? How did you get PR in Canada?