+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused for the same reason three times (Family Ties)

siksik

Dec 14, 2021
Hello everyone, as you read in the title i applied for a student visa and i was refused three times for the same reason
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

The thing is i don't have any family in Canada and my whole family members are living with me

i have provided personal family assests and a 40k+ bank statement and proof that all of my family members are living with me everytime i applied

can anyone help me because i really dont know what to do next.

i live in Jordan with my family and i have provided offical documents proving that all of my family members live with me

What could be the real reason for getting refused for the same thing over and over

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, as you read in the title i applied for a student visa and i was refused three times for the same reason
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

The thing is i don't have any family in Canada and my whole family members are living with me

i have provided personal family assests and a 40k+ bank statement and proof that all of my family members are living with me everytime i applied

i live in Jordan with my family and i have provided offical documents proving that all of my family members live with me

What could be the real reason for getting refused for the same thing over and over

Thanks in advance!
Have you ever ordered GCMS notes to find out the full reasons for refusal? If not, order the notes. So you are Jordanian and that is your citzenship. You were not born in another country.

siksik

Dec 14, 2021
Have you ever ordered GCMS notes to find out the full reasons for refusal? If not, order the notes. So you are Jordanian and that is your citzenship. You were not born in another country.
when i talked to the office i applied from they told me GCMS notes are useless and they would take months and months to get, is that true?
I was born in iraq but i have jordanian citizenship since 20+ years, my dad was born in Palestine and my mom in iraq and we all hold the jordanian citizenship since 20+ years

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
when i talked to the office i applied from they told me GCMS notes are useless and they would take months and months to get, is that true?
I was born in iraq but i have jordanian citizenship since 20+ years, my dad was born in Palestine and my mom in iraq and we all hold the jordanian citizenship since 20+ years
from your reply, i note that you have applied via agency? Agency will usually say this especially because new application means they will need to charge you again.

Please order GCMS notes to better understand, else, you can hire immigration lawyer to assist you in your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GCMS is not useless. Is that your agent saying that? Get rid of your agent and order your GCMS notes.

Reactions: wonderbly

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What office told you it was useless? Your agent? If so, fire your agent. Notes are not useless and you have 3 refusals. You should have ordered the notes the first time. It takes 30 days and costs about $30. Did you always have the same reason (only one) or different reasons every refusal.

How old are you and what is your full profile - education, program applied, funds (personal), work experience?

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly

siksik

Dec 14, 2021
What office told you it was useless? Your agent? If so, fire your agent. Notes are not useless and you have 3 refusals. You should have ordered the notes the first time. It takes 30 days and costs about $30. Did you always have the same reason (only one) or different reasons every refusal.

How old are you and what is your full profile - education, program applied, funds (personal), work experience?
It's an office in my homecountry, highest sucess rate in the country, all of my friends applied through them and got accepted.

The first time i got 4 refusal reasons two of which are family ties and purpose of visit and the other two were; current employment situation and based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence, i responded with the same offical documents and certificates and a different letter addressing the reasons and i got Family ties and purpose of visit on my second one, the third time i reapplied and addressed the two reasons with a new letter providing the same offical government documents regarding the family ties issue and two new certficiates proving that i enrolled in business management courses during the time i was waiting for my visa response and i still got refused for the same two reasons, purpose of visit and family ties.

i am 26 years old, i studied english language for 3 years in university but i never graduated, i work for an advertising company as a social media ads adminstrator and i been working there since 2018.

i applied to study business management in niagara college in canada, i have provided a 6 month bank statement of 40,000$+ everytime i applied.

i provided all three of my applications with all of the above information with certified government documents.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Thanks in advance!
Time to get GCMS notes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It's an office in my homecountry, highest sucess rate in the country, all of my friends applied through them and got accepted.

The first time i got 4 refusal reasons two of which are family ties and purpose of visit and the other two were; current employment situation and based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence, i responded with the same offical documents and certificates and a different letter addressing the reasons and i got Family ties and purpose of visit on my second one, the third time i reapplied and addressed the two reasons with a new letter providing the same offical government documents regarding the family ties issue and two new certficiates proving that i enrolled in business management courses during the time i was waiting for my visa response and i still got refused for the same two reasons, purpose of visit and family ties.

i am 26 years old, i studied english language for 3 years in university but i never graduated, i work for an advertising company as a social media ads adminstrator and i been working there since 2018.

i applied to study business management in niagara college in canada, i have provided a 6 month bank statement of 40,000$+ everytime i applied.

i provided all three of my applications with all of the above information with certified government documents.
Order GCMS notes after 4 refusals. So it wasn’t just country of residence. A diploma program in business management makes no sense. How will spending all that money gives you better employment opportunities in Jordon? Will you make that much more to justify the costs? You should be looking at degree programs in business and not a diploma since you have no undergrad education. So your bank statement is your own and not your parents, that is good. But you are spending most if not all of your savings on a program at Niagara College, and not a university.

Purpose of visit can mean many things - officer doesn't believe you are a genuine student (why not finish your studies in Jordan if you studied for 3 years and then apply for a postgraduate program, why a diploma and not a degree), no travel history, not enough funds etc.

Certified documents for what? You are 26 and independent so family ties are property, investments, job, etc. It isn’t your parents and siblings. It would be your spouse and children if married.

After so many refusals, you need to rethink studying in Canada for now. One option is to finish your university education in Jordan and then reapply for a post-graduate program. The diploma programs are for those out of high school (17 - 18 years old in Canada) so officers don't believe you are a genuine student as you don't need to come to Canada for a business diploma program.

Last edited:

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021

Thanks in advance!
Regarding the family ties, (1) did you showed birth certificates of your children and spouse including yours ? (2) Did you include family pictures/wedding/court registration photos ?
(3) Were your family documents (marriage certificates, wedding pictures, birth certificates) sworn under affidavit from a local court? .

You might been slapped with lack of family ties because you failed to provide adequate proof via documentation to the visa officer.
I will strongly advise you to order GCMS notes first , but make sure you incorporate what I mentioned above into next application if you want .