lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Over the weekend I received the refund of the landing fee I paid - still no email confirming the case is re-instated OR rejected!!

The MP's office says they will need a week's time to confirm what is happening.

CIC has gone incommunicado in my case - can someone please wake them up!?!

1) They do NOT respond on CEC cases over the phone
2) The ATPIP report takes almost 1 month
3) They do not respond to emails
4) Do they expect everyone to go to an MP to find out what they are doing?

Its getting beyond being ridiculous!!

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope your MP will defend your case well. It must have been tough so far. What are your plans while waiting for actions from your MP?

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have hired a Lawyer who has all the dates and proofs - same as what I provided CIC in my reconsideration email.

Looks I have to bleed more money and time!!

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
lazycic said:
I have hired a Lawyer who has all the dates and proofs - same as what I provided CIC in my reconsideration email.

Looks I have to bleed more money and time!!
I feel your pain man. Good luck with everything

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
lazycic said:
It was a furtherance test and I did e-medical.
The Doctor gave me a proof - a printout that showed emedical file was sent to CIC on 11th Nov 2013

Further towards the bottom of the document it shows sections in which it is mentioned as to where each medical test is done. (Medical exam - @ ABC Clinic, Chest Xray Image and Exam @ ### Imaging Associates; Sputum test, HIV test and syphilis Test @ XYZ Health Laboratories)

I sent this document to CIC and CIC responded on 16th April stating they going to get in touch with Medical Office in question.

I contacted the medical office this morning (before being notified of the CIC's decision to reject my case) and I was told that they were not contacted by any one.

Hi lazycic,
I did my medical in sept 2013 and applying for my BOWP and at the end of the report they mention

Medical Examination, Required, @ XXX Labs
Chest X-ray examination, Required, @ XXX Labs
HIV test, Referred, @ xxx labs
Syphilis Test, Referred, @ XXX Labs

If you understand what it means by required and referred. As the lab did the medical examination, eye test and also the chest x-ray when they collected my blood and urine samples. Could you provide some information on this as I am planning to send this copy for the BOWP.

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@JimKal

The "Required" is the initial document you would get from the Doctor.
Go Back to the Doctor and ask him for the updated printout from their system that shows "Completed".

Send a scanned copy of that to CIC while applying for OBWP... do attach a Work Experience letter from your HR.

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A Very BIG THANK YOU to all those who helped me on this forum!
Happy to Report that I am a Landed Immigrant now.

Mistakes to avoid:

1) DO NOT Hire Immigration Consultants ---- Hiring Immigration Lawyers for a few more bucks are worth it.
2) If your file does not move then contact CIC immediately.
3) Contact MP first thing on a Rejection - he can help ensuring your file is not "closed" immediately - meaning he buys you time.
4) In my case my law firm (the one I hired after firing the consultant) had an employee who was ex-CIC employee. It matters a big deal!! Look for such lawyers/ law firms if you meet a rejection.

NOTE: CIC at one point was communicating with my ex-consultant even though I had sent them email and fax stating he does not represent me any more. I even had the Use Of Rep form in favor of the New Law Firm. It was a real hell I went thru... hope you can avoid my problems.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Congrats dude!!

I was just reading the whole post from the beginning and it sounds like you have been through hell...A very inspirational and thrilling journey of yours but I am glad you finally made it...Congrats and have fun...

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So happy to hear your good news man! Now time to wait for the PR card. All the best in your future endeavours...

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
lazycic said:
Mistakes to avoid:

1) DO NOT Hire Immigration Consultants ---- Hiring Immigration Lawyers for a few more bucks are worth it.
3) Contact MP first thing on a Rejection - he can help ensuring your file is not "closed" immediately - meaning he buys you time.
4) In my case my law firm (the one I hired after firing the consultant) had an employee who was ex-CIC employee. It matters a big deal!! Look for such lawyers/ law firms if you meet a rejection.

NOTE: CIC at one point was communicating with my ex-consultant even though I had sent them email and fax stating he does not represent me any more. I even had the Use Of Rep form in favor of the New Law Firm. It was a real hell I went thru... hope you can avoid my problems.
Happy to hear this friend! Do you mind sharing your journey though so we can use it as reference in the future!

preetkaran21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
lazycic said:

Mistakes to avoid:

Hey I got the same situation here with Cic. can you please inbox me your number at preetkaran21@gmail.com. That will be really helpfull.

chanpreet09

Oct 1, 2012
@lazycic

Congrats on your Permanent residence, i read your whole story it is very inspiring. Thats good you made it.
Could you please help me on this topic as my brother is in the same problem now. I got the same letter from cic and i am worried so much. Please guide me on this if its possible. If you can explain me what did you do step by step. I need to know if i go to lawyer or what else. Should i contact cic. Please help me out in this if possible.

Thanks

Lapet

Jul 12, 2023
I'm feeling unsure and need someone to explain things to me. I had a medical check-up on May 5th, 2023. On July 11th, IRCC physician doctor called me and said I should come to re do my blood test to check if I have HIV or not. I'm really scared and confused because I don't have any signs of HIV.