Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

On 16th of April I got an email from CIC stating they are in touch with the Medical Office(On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:54:44 AM, CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca> wrote):
We are currently in touch with the medical branch with regards to the issue below.

And exactly a week later (today) I got this email claiming I have not responded to their requests.

Here is the letter from the CIC

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. You were asked on July #, 2013 to undergo a medical examination as required under section 16(2)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A letter was sent to you on August ##, 2013, requesting further medical tests in order to complete the assessment of your application. This letter informed you that if this office did not receive the required evidence and documents from you, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application. Another reminder was sent to you on March ##, 2014.

To this date, we have received no communication from you.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. I am therefore refusing your application.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

I did the e-medicals and not sure why they would need me to communicate over and over and then ignore the communications!!

Kindly advise what I can do (OR may be all):

1) Request the officer to reconsider and reopen - did anyone do it successfully in the past?
2) Reach out to the Medical Office that processed my medicals
3) Reach out to the Local MP - can an MP force a reopening a file? Can he call CIC? One major problem I am having is communicating with CIC - they do not respond to emails and the phone calls do not help as they do not seem to help those who are applying under Canadian Experience Class
4) I have not applied for my Bridge Work Permit yet and I have < 3 months left on my visa. What are the options available to me to apply for a Bridge Work Permit?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
> A letter was sent to you on August ##, 2013, requesting further medical tests in order to complete the assessment of your application.

Did you complete those further medical tests as requested last August?

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Exactly.....

On the letter that was sent to you....did you do what they requested that you do with regards to your additional medical tests?

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
lazycic said:
Hello,

On 16th of April I got an email from CIC stating they are in touch with the Medical Office(On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:54:44 AM, CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca> wrote):
We are currently in touch with the medical branch with regards to the issue below.

And exactly a week later (today) I got this email claiming I have not responded to their requests.

Here is the letter from the CIC

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. You were asked on July #, 2013 to undergo a medical examination as required under section 16(2)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A letter was sent to you on August ##, 2013, requesting further medical tests in order to complete the assessment of your application. This letter informed you that if this office did not receive the required evidence and documents from you, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application. Another reminder was sent to you on March ##, 2014.

To this date, we have received no communication from you.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. I am therefore refusing your application.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

I did the e-medicals and not sure why they would need me to communicate over and over and then ignore the communications!!

Kindly advise what I can do (OR may be all):

1) Request the officer to reconsider and reopen - did anyone do it successfully in the past?
2) Reach out to the Medical Office that processed my medicals
3) Reach out to the Local MP - can an MP force a reopening a file? Can he call CIC? One major problem I am having is communicating with CIC - they do not respond to emails and the phone calls do not help as they do not seem to help those who are applying under Canadian Experience Class
4) I have not applied for my Bridge Work Permit yet and I have < 3 months left on my visa. What are the options available to me to apply for a Bridge Work Permit?
as far as i know DR will contact the applicant if there is any issue with his medical results prior to submitting the results to CIC....did your DR call you regarding any issues?
what kinda testing did CIC ask for? Did you do them? if yes go talk to the DR and see why he did not send the new results.....or perhaps you need to clarify the issue further more to better answer your questions

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$albert$ said:
as far as i know DR will contact the applicant if there is any issue with his medical results prior to submitting the results to CIC....did your DR call you regarding any issues?
what kinda testing did CIC ask for? Did you do them? if yes go talk to the DR and see why he did not send the new results.....or perhaps you need to clarify the issue further more to better answer your questions
It was a furtherance test and I did e-medical.
The Doctor gave me a proof - a printout that showed emedical file was sent to CIC on 11th Nov 2013

Further towards the bottom of the document it shows sections in which it is mentioned as to where each medical test is done. (Medical exam - @ ABC Clinic, Chest Xray Image and Exam @ ### Imaging Associates; Sputum test, HIV test and syphilis Test @ XYZ Health Laboratories)

I sent this document to CIC and CIC responded on 16th April stating they going to get in touch with Medical Office in question.

I contacted the medical office this morning (before being notified of the CIC's decision to reject my case) and I was told that they were not contacted by any one.

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cruiser55 said:
Exactly.....

On the letter that was sent to you....did you do what they requested that you do with regards to your additional medical tests?
YES

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$albert$

The doctor did not notify me of any issues with my medicals after the furtherance.

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lazycic said:
No need for attitude man, we are only trying to help you and we cannot do so if you give us incomplete information.

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appologies if the accidental Caps locks showed up an attitude... completely unintentional and I am indebted to all the feedback I am getting!!

Hope you can understand as I am under extreme stress at this time - having lived ~5 years and having done all I could from my side I am staring at eviction from the country in ~3 months time!

cvisa0110

Mar 14, 2014
lazycic said:
Appologies if the accidental Caps locks showed up an attitude... completely unintentional and I am indebted to all the feedback I am getting!!

Hope you can understand as I am under extreme stress at this time - having lived ~5 years and having done all I could from my side I am staring at eviction from the country in ~3 months time!
I think you need some professional help now. Try to find a good lawyer.

lazycic

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks cvisa0110, thisisauser , Cruiser55 and $albert$...

At the speed with which this case is knocking the manners and sense of humor out of me ... I guess I might need other professional help as well (psychiatrist and not just the lawyer:) )

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
lazycic said:
Thanks cvisa0110, thisisauser , Cruiser55 and $albert$...

At the speed with which this case is knocking the manners and sense of humor out of me ... I guess I might need other professional help as well (psychiatrist and not just the lawyer:) )
I still do not understand if the VO asked for further medical tests on his own or there was an issue in the original test, anyway I also recommend a lawyer....where are you located to help recommend someone for you?

if you are in Edmonton I can send you to a good lawyer.

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
This is the most strange case I've read here so far. What a nightmare! If I were you, I would contact a lawyer with real experience in immigration ASAP.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
It seems like CIC sent you MR around July 2013, additional medical around August 2013, Reminder on March 2014.

What were you doing between August 2013 to March 2014 ? ? ?

I am curious to know, cause that is like 7 months after you did medicals.

albrye

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
2211/2212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUGUST-2013
Doc's Request.
12-MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
10-OCT-2013
Med's Request
25-MAR-2014
Med's Done....
10-APR-2014
Passport Req..
23-APR-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
8-MAY-2014
This may sound harsh but its not the fault of the visa officer. One email on you part could have solved this a long time ago. Dont waste money on a lawyer, learn from your mistake and reapply