+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused 3 Times for Visitor Visa for my mother - TRV

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
Hi All:
I need help for my mom application to come and visit Canada.

I’m PR here in Canada for almost 4 yrs. Married, with 2 children. I applied my mom and stepdad visitor visa for 3 times (I used 1 gc key application and 2 new IRCC portal) all refused. They’re both seniors and retired, have enough financial proof to support their travel, they’re pensioners in the Philippines, they submit assets like house title, cars and motorcycles.

Invitees submit the following: (I’m the daughter)

- invitation letter including that my parents board and lodging, food and transportation will be shouldered by us
-our bank statement for 3 months from me(daughter and my husband son-in law)
-PR ids
-payslip for 3 months
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate

Here’s what happened: my stepdad will be excluded in this application since he passed away last January 13, 2023.

The reason for refusal on the third time was the IO is not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of their stay and also the other family ties is not cleared even I submit my 2 siblings birth certificate and coe that they are working and living in the Philippines.

I’m so anxious to apply for the fourth time because I don’t want my mom to get refuse again plus I really want her to come and visit here with us to suuport her emotionally for the recent passing of my stepdad

now here’s all the documents that I’m preparing, please let me know if I’m missing some documents that could possibly help her to get approval

Mom’s documents
Biometrics is done and good for 10yrs
Her renewed passport
-Bank certificate
-Stock holder certificate from the company that she work before
-insurance in the Philippines
-assets (house and car)
- birth cert and marriage cert
-stepdad death certificate
- travel history where some places that she went before
- recently nominated as senior president in her village (certification proof that she was newly elected)
-travel ticket shouldered by her

Invitees
- invitation letter stating that me and my husband was inviting her to come
- Me (daughter) birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- PR ID including drivers licensed
- bank statement for 3 months
- payslip 3 months
- deed of sale of my property
- deed of sale of my car
- medical insurance for my mom while she’s here in Canada in case she need medical assistance
- itinerary from our tour while my mom is here with us
Son-in law bank statement for 3 months, 3 months pasylip from his 2 jobs, PR ID, drivers licensed
- birth certificates of my children, PR IDs, school IDs

please help

Thank you so much for all who will comment in here.

Mj

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Don't loose heart, keep trying! The list you provided seems comprehensive and should normally satisfy the Immigration Officer. Hope you tried to order and check the CBSA/IRCC Case Notes to understand the detailed reasons for the previous visa refusals (if not, then please get Case Notes to get a complete picture as officers may not state the full detailed reasons in the rejection email they send you and usually only mention the high level rejection reasons).

Currently there is still a huge back log of Temp/Visitor Visa Applications in the Backlog and IRCC could be considering some drastic measure to reduce this (including potentially waiving some requirements - please read this - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-immigration-backlog-visitor-visas-canada/)

If the application gets refused again, one option you have is to file for a Judicial Review, if you think IRCC has unfairly refused the Visa.

Reactions: vkamath

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All:
I need help for my mom application to come and visit Canada.

I’m PR here in Canada for almost 4 yrs. Married, with 2 children. I applied my mom and stepdad visitor visa for 3 times (I used 1 gc key application and 2 new IRCC portal) all refused. They’re both seniors and retired, have enough financial proof to support their travel, they’re pensioners in the Philippines, they submit assets like house title, cars and motorcycles.

Invitees submit the following: (I’m the daughter)

- invitation letter including that my parents board and lodging, food and transportation will be shouldered by us
-our bank statement for 3 months from me(daughter and my husband son-in law)
-PR ids
-payslip for 3 months
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate

Here’s what happened: my stepdad will be excluded in this application since he passed away last January 13, 2023.

The reason for refusal on the third time was the IO is not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of their stay and also the other family ties is not cleared even I submit my 2 siblings birth certificate and coe that they are working and living in the Philippines.

I’m so anxious to apply for the fourth time because I don’t want my mom to get refuse again plus I really want her to come and visit here with us to suuport her emotionally for the recent passing of my stepdad

now here’s all the documents that I’m preparing, please let me know if I’m missing some documents that could possibly help her to get approval

Mom’s documents
Biometrics is done and good for 10yrs
Her renewed passport
-Bank certificate
-Stock holder certificate from the company that she work before
-insurance in the Philippines
-assets (house and car)
- birth cert and marriage cert
-stepdad death certificate
- travel history where some places that she went before
- recently nominated as senior president in her village (certification proof that she was newly elected)
-travel ticket shouldered by her

Invitees
- invitation letter stating that me and my husband was inviting her to come
- Me (daughter) birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- PR ID including drivers licensed
- bank statement for 3 months
- payslip 3 months
- deed of sale of my property
- deed of sale of my car
- medical insurance for my mom while she’s here in Canada in case she need medical assistance
- itinerary from our tour while my mom is here with us
Son-in law bank statement for 3 months, 3 months pasylip from his 2 jobs, PR ID, drivers licensed
- birth certificates of my children, PR IDs, school IDs

please help

Thank you so much for all who will comment in here.

Mj
For a TRV your mother needs to show that she has the liquid funds to support her travels. If her children in the Philippines are adults they don’t create many ties. Do you qualify to for a supervisa? The fact that your stepfather passed will lead to even more concerns that your mother will want to stay in Canada. What length of visit did she request?

Reactions: Qamar gujjar

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
For a TRV your mother needs to show that she has the liquid funds to support her travels. If her children in the Philippines are adults they don’t create many ties. Do you qualify to for a supervisa? The fact that your stepfather passed will lead to even more concerns that your mother will want to stay in Canada. What length of visit did she request?

yes, my mom had savings before she retired working plus all the savings of my stepfather was transferred to her. I state in my invitation letter regarding the passing of my stepfather and she will stay with me for 56days is that okay?

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
I would suggest give a shorter period of visit time like 4 weeks or less. If approved, they will normally issue a multiple entry visa. It will be valid for up to 10 years or one month before applicant's passport expires, whichever is shorter. Once a multiple entry visa(10-years) is issued, she can stay up to 6 months at a time.

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
I would suggest give a shorter period of visit time like 4 weeks or less. If approved, they will normally issue a multiple entry visa. It will be valid for up to 10 years or one month before applicant's passport expires, whichever is shorter. Once a multiple entry visa(10-years) is issued, she can stay up to 6 months at a time.
Okay Thank you.. I will revise the length of her stay. Thank you for the advise

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
I had a copy of her refusal, I will focused on what they mentioned in the docs that they need to submit. Maybe I will do 4 weeks of stay with me.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I cannot say why your mom was refused, but don't put a lot of hope in what will be revealed in the GCMS notes. We went through that more than 3 years ago when my wife was first denied a TRV from the Philippines. A wasted effort. The notes said nothing more than the boilerplate crap in the refusal letter.

True that the IRCC has stepped up the process. My wife's first deny (in January 2020) came 37 days post-application. Deny #2, in 2022, took 110 days to arrive. Deny #3 (in March 2023) came at lightning speed...only 2 days! Soon, they'll have it fine tuned so that TRV applications will be denied within 10 seconds of being submitted.

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
awful. They’re just getting our money for us to resubmit another application. That’s my question. My mom prepared everything and even on my part but still got refused. I want to try for the fourth time and I’m still hoping for the good result. I read a lot of posting about approval of IO re TRV, there’s a huge amount of passing of all applications not even for TRV but for all category this year so praying for everything will turn out positive

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Well, I hope it works for nanay mo. Our own experience suggests they are into high volume processing mode, but with even less leniency. When we applied this last time, I had been in the Phils with my wife all winter, her PR application, submitted while I was there, was 4 months along, with sponsor approval, medical exam passed, her several police certificates obtained and plenty of evidence that we just wanted her here for a summer visit. We provided evidence that we would spend next winter again in the Phils. All wasted. I am sure they never read any of it. Just automatic deny.

We will probably end up living in the Phils, as I have in the past. I want to become a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes. Last year, I paid over $400,000 in income tax to a country that treats me and my wife like shit. They (in effect) call us liars, saying she would not respect any temporary visa, and would prefer to live the rest of her days here illegally. What utter nonsense. Now, we are forced to go the tiresome PR route, just so she can visit Canada once for a couple of months.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mgillanders

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Hi,

Just wanted to encourage you by detailing about my situation. My parents were refused in 2019 and again in Jan 2023 when applying for a visitor visa to attend my graduation ceremony. I first applied through the New Portal and it was refused (Jan 2023) so I applied again in February 2023 and received approval/PPR last week.

The changes I made:

- applied using GCKEY (allows to upload more documents).

- cover and invitation letter from me and my brother and we made sure to notarize it here in Canada. We explained the purpose of visit in detail and mentioned that we are responsible for our parents stay in Canada and will make sure they leave at the end of their stay.

- cover letter explaining and addressing all the refusal reasons that were mentioned in the last refusal. We explained the family ties by providing names, address and dob of each of their parents/siblings for both parents.

- attached photos of when they visited the US for my brother's graduation ceremony in 2018 and mentioned that we haven't met as a family since then.

We explained everything in detail and made sure to address all the possible things that could be looked at as a weak factor. We submitted a very strong application and it was approved. I hope this helps and good luck moving forward. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: Goodlk4u

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
Hi,

Just wanted to encourage you by detailing about my situation. My parents were refused in 2019 and again in Jan 2023 when applying for a visitor visa to attend my graduation ceremony. I first applied through the New Portal and it was refused (Jan 2023) so I applied again in February 2023 and received approval/PPR last week.

The changes I made:

- applied using GCKEY (allows to upload more documents).

- cover and invitation letter from me and my brother and we made sure to notarize it here in Canada. We explained the purpose of visit in detail and mentioned that we are responsible for our parents stay in Canada and will make sure they leave at the end of their stay.

- cover letter explaining and addressing all the refusal reasons that were mentioned in the last refusal. We explained the family ties by providing names, address and dob of each of their parents/siblings for both parents.

- attached photos of when they visited the US for my brother's graduation ceremony in 2018 and mentioned that we haven't met as a family since then.

We explained everything in detail and made sure to address all the possible things that could be looked at as a weak factor. We submitted a very strong application and it was approved. I hope this helps and good luck moving forward. Don't lose hope!
Thank you for giving me idea on what to prepare this time. I really appreciate the positivity.

donerick666

Apr 26, 2023
as far as i know since your parents is retired and pensioners, ircc/cic doesn't need much docs from them .. they will fall under super visa, most required docs will be coming from the sponsor like T4/Bank statement/EC/Med insurance.

my mom got refusal last march, reapplying again

by the way does anyone know the EI docs need to submit for the application

mqjavier4

May 31, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Category........
VISIT
Question guys. I’m reapplying my mom again this time after she had 3 refusal for TRV, but this time can I focus on providing the documents they need from the refusal letter? Bc if I will put all the documents of mine like my bank, payslip, my PR card, birth Certificate as well as my husband, bc both of us are the inviter, the file was too big. It only allows 2MB and I couldn’t reduce it I’m having trouble please help. Thank you for answering.

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Question guys. I’m reapplying my mom again this time after she had 3 refusal for TRV, but this time can I focus on providing the documents they need from the refusal letter? Bc if I will put all the documents of mine like my bank, payslip, my PR card, birth Certificate as well as my husband, bc both of us are the inviter, the file was too big. It only allows 2MB and I couldn’t reduce it I’m having trouble please help. Thank you for answering.
The size restriction as far as I know is 4MB not 2MB, please check again. If you are bit clever and creative you can add all your documents into a single pdf without going over the size limit. One of my friends managed to create a 51 Page PDF document as a Letter of Explanation for their Study Visa (2nd attempt), and I am not joking I have seen the doc, it has a mix of ~10 pages of detailed explanation and the rest are all images including bank statements, all educational semester-wise transcripts, educational certificates, GRE score card, WES report, IELTS, all work experience letters, pay stubs etc.

Some tips below.

1. Decrease the size of all images using MS Paint . If you already have a pdf doc with the images and the pdf size is still big, take a screenshot/s (print screen) copy the image/s to MS Paint and resize the image/s and copy this image/s to MS Word and save as a new pdf, that should reduce the size by a bit.

2. Use PDFsam to merge, cut, join, split different PDF files. IF the files you have are in JPEG format then do the MS WORD conversion above to convert to a PDF file.

3. You can also use FOX PDF (Trail Version - valid for 15 days free), to resize the PDF by adjusting the DPI, experiment to see which dpi offers the lowest size while preserving image quality to the extent it remains legible to the Visa officer.

4. If the file size is still bigger than 4MB, then you can do one other thing. Move all Financial Documents into the Funds section (attach as one document), now in your Letter of Explanation, in the funds section page you can say "please refer to the Funds section for financial docs/proofs (you can type this in MS Word, covert to PDF and add this as a page, this should hardly take up any space).

Reactions: DrPassion