+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal update for fall intake 2020

Nhatha9x

Aug 18, 2020
Anyone here receved refusal for fall intake 2020 ?
I am wondering if IRCC is holding the refusals since I haven't seen any refusal these days.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Anyone here receved refusal for fall intake 2020 ?
I am wondering if IRCC is holding the refusals since I haven't seen any refusal these days.
They did, either thru formal notification or in GCMS.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
That's just pure speculation. From the IRCC webinars they had clearly said that it's possible to get refused in the first stage. I recently called IRCC in Canada and after raising my concern, they implied that they are only working with 25% capacity at the moment.

Unless one orders GCMS notes, nobody can predict what's happening. I will be getting mine soon.

Moreover it has to do with which visa office is processing your file, from what I observed, many files of Indian origin are stuck at CPC Ottawa / Edmonton.

Lots of people with multiple refusals received AIP and I even saw someone getting their ban overturned through an AIP in this forum.

Irrespective of the delay its a good time to apply for a visa considering the overwhelming approval rate.

Math01995

Dec 15, 2019
That's just pure speculation. From the IRCC webinars they had clearly said that it's possible to get refused in the first stage. I recently called IRCC in Canada and after raising my concern, they implied that they are only working with 25% capacity at the moment.

Unless one orders GCMS notes, nobody can predict what's happening. I will be getting mine soon.

Moreover it has to do with which visa office is processing your file, from what I observed, many files of Indian origin are stuck at CPC Ottawa / Edmonton.

Lots of people with multiple refusals received AIP and I even saw someone getting their ban overturned through an AIP in this forum.

Irrespective of the delay its a good time to apply for a visa considering the overwhelming approval rate.
Bro, how did you order the Gcms notes.
Could please tell how to do it, if you have ordered it from India
I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Bro, how did you order the Gcms notes.
Could please tell how to do it, if you have ordered it from India
I would really appreciate it, thank you.
I am applying through a lawyer from Toronto. He applied behalf of me. You need know someone in Canada with status i.e PR, Citizen or anyone who is on a Study / Work permit.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Or

Order online through a private service of your choice i.e

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020

Please, let us know when you receive your GCMS notes ..... and when did you submit your app?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Please, let us know when you receive your GCMS notes ..... and when did you submit your app?
Sure, I am pretty confident that nothing will be wrong in my notes. IRCC will never hold refusals, even if they do its very rare. Moreover I am applying through a lawyer with good standing through the APR portal. The visa officer can see that I am applying through a lawyer and won't take my application lightly.

Applied: 27 May
Without Biometrics ( Applying first time, no prior refusals )
SDS Online India
Eligibility started long time ago
Medical not updated
Still waiting

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I mean where are those 75%? Applications fees are coming in, they have no shortage of money. Their covid situation is very good, so what's the problem?
It is very unlikely that the same situation will prevail forever, somehow their workforce will return to normalcy. Again, compared to last year the approval rate now is very insane. It is very much unlikely to get refused during this period which is some sort of a compensation for delays. The real problem is the travel ban where even the approved folks are finding it hard to scale through. Personally I think I am not affected by this since I have an essential reason to travel ( immediate family in Canada who are Citizens ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Maybe Tomorrrow

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
It is very unlikely that the same situation will prevail forever, somehow their workforce will return to normalcy. Again, compared to last year the approval rate now is very insane. It is very much unlikely to get refused during this period which is some sort of a compensation for delays. The real problem is the travel ban where even the approved folks are finding it hard to scale through. Personally I am not affected by any of this since I have an essential reason to travel ( immediate family in Canada who are Citizens ) .
If you have your immediate family in canada why are you not applying for OSWP as IRCC is only considering spouse/Parents and Grand Parents as Immediate family.