+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal to parents visitor visa

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Hello,
I applied for my parent's visitor visa and got a refusal saying-
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Unfortunately, I had shown Rs 6Lakh for both property evaluation papers, and ITR. I also showed my offer letter of 55K as I am on my work permit.
In my SOP i mentioned my convocation for July and their visit for June to September.
I am really disappointed and was wondering when should I apply again and what should I change this time.
thanks for helping me in advance.

Reactions: jacob1234

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
I'm so sorry this happened to you, as far as I understand you wanted your parents to see you graduate? Maybe if you applied for a shorter visit?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't think you should get air tickets before TRV has been approved.
Shorter visit and stronger finacial proof of the applicants will help. (Property they own, current job/business they need to return to, family members in home country to show strong tie...etc)

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello,
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Unfortunately, I had shown Rs 6Lakh for both property evaluation papers, and ITR. I also showed my offer letter of 55K as I am on my work permit.
In my SOP i mentioned my convocation for July and their visit for June to September.
I am really disappointed and was wondering when should I apply again and what should I change this time.
Possible Steps before reapplying:
1. Reduce their stay duration to 2-4 weeks.
2. Did you mention that you will be paying for their expenses ? If yes, you should avoid mentioning that. If your parents mentioned that they will be covering their expenses, then as rule of thumb, the officer considers $1200-1500 expenses per person. In that case, your parents need to show at least $ 12000 as available funds for 4 months.
3. Apply for GCMS notes for your parent's visitor visa application. As it will provide the exact reason(s) why the application was refused in the first place. Make sure to address those things before you reapply.
4. Attach your school transcripts, and graduation letter as well.
Best of luck with your next application.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,
And as mentioned, four months is a very long time to request . Doesn’t show strong ties to their home country . Shorten their stay , and THEY need to beef up their financials and ties. If it was for your convocation, why are they requesting such a long time ?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Possible Steps before reapplying:
1. Reduce their stay duration to 2-4 weeks.
2. Did you mention that you will be paying for their expenses ? If yes, you should avoid mentioning that. If your parents mentioned that they will be covering their expenses, then as rule of thumb, the officer considers $1200-1500 expenses per person. In that case, your parents need to show at least $ 12000 as available funds for 4 months.
3. Apply for GCMS notes for your parent's visitor visa application. As it will provide the exact reason(s) why the application was refused in the first place. Make sure to address those things before you reapply.
4. Attach your school transcripts, and graduation letter as well.
Best of luck with your next application.

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Thankyou for your response, it all makes sense.
My other question is my study permit has now expired and I am on my work permit. Should I apply now by addressing all the concerns?

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thankyou for your response, it all makes sense.
My other question is my study permit has now expired and I am on my work permit. Should I apply now by addressing all the concerns?
Yes, you can definitely again. But, if you can wait, I would strongly suggest applying for GCMS through IRCC/CBSA as the officer has to clearly mention the exact reason why he refused the visa. As the refusal letter doesn't contain exact reason specific to an individual file. While reapplying, just address the concern in the GCMS notes along with the above suggestion to reduce stay and show stronger home ties

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Thankyou.
In this application I will show -
Better finance
Stronger home ties through business grandparents and children responsibilities
And shorter stay

i am really afraid that only visitor visaof parents get approved when you are on your study permit
I am not sure if they might feel that parents might not go back as now I am on work permit.
But I dont want to wait till PR, as it will be too lengthy

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Also to mention, my brother has also applied his study visa and its in process, should I wait till his file is approved or refused or that should not effect my parents visa file.
Thanks a lot

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
1. Your status doesn't matter that much. It is just the financial and home ties of the applicants which are considered.
2. I would suggest waiting till your brother's application gets approved. But. make sure that your brother has included quite a detailed SOP explaining how he decided to choose Canada, his courses, and how these courses will help them back home. Because it is getting difficult to get a brother/sister's SP approved when you already have a brother/sister in Canada.