AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
I received a response today on my email I sent them on june 29:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your request for reconsideration has been sent to the officer for review.

Thank you.

CB
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimmeThatPR said:
I received a response today on my email I sent them on june 29:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your request for reconsideration has been sent to the officer for review.

Thank you.

CB
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Did you re-apply or asked to re-open old application?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ondine said:
Guys, I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Obtaining a study permit does not void a work permit. Period. If this were the case, btw, the VO would've noted that you were working illegally and listed this as one of the reasons for rejecting your application (I think this answers the question about implied status as well). As the VO makes clear in his letter, the problem was that the OP had a study permit, and according to the new CEC rules, no work experience obtained while studying full-time will be counted towards the one year total. Regardless of whether the OP applies again or tries to make his case by emailing CIC, he has to tell them that he was not studying full-time during the period. The VO does not have a crystal ball. If it says in the system that the OP has a study permit, he can assume that he's studying full-time unless stated otherwise somewhere. Of course, in an ideal world, the VO would've asked, but this is not an ideal world.

I think a lawyer can help you make a good case here, even if you have to reapply. Also, looking at GCMS notes might be helpful in planning your next steps.
This is very interesting..How about if you graduated in April 2011 but you get your PGWP from september 2011....but you can work full time on offcampus work permit while waiting for PGWP..I worked from 4th july till 29th September ..My PGWP arrives on 29th Sep which is valid til Sep 2014..

Now b4 applying I call the call center agent and he told me that work exp will be counted in one year work experience. But many members believes here that it wont. Can some one tell me if it do or do not...I already have some extra work experience so I am not worried. Buts it important to know as I dont want to pass on wrong infromation.

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
It is valid .... But make sure to explain the CIC in your cover letter , I think thats what i was missing in my application.

I hope they reopen it.

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
sashali78 said:
Did you re-apply or asked to re-open old application?

I asked them to re-open my rejected case

And I have also re-applied with a cover letter

But this reply is to the "re-open" requst.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimmeThatPR said:
I asked them to re-open my rejected case

And I have also re-applied with a cover letter

But this reply is to the "re-open" requst.
Good. So it means they would consider reopening in certain cases. Best of luck!

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
sashali78 said:
Good. So it means they would consider reopening in certain cases. Best of luck!

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
gimmeThatPR said:
It is valid .... But make sure to explain the CIC in your cover letter , I think thats what i was missing in my application.

I hope they reopen it.
Should I mail them cover letter too. I just mail them notice of assessment

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
Yes I would do that. Just write a clear description of your scenario explaining them how is your experience valid and whatever you think they might misinterpret.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
gimmeThatPR said:
Yes I would do that. Just write a clear description of your scenario explaining them how is your experience valid and whatever you think they might misinterpret.
I mailed following documents along with a cover letter :), hope it will be fine. I realized later I should not have mailed my convocation degree it really was waste. Any way just mailed transcript which says I passed and finish the course in may.

Dear sir/Madam,

I like to include following documents in my file, which can help in processing my application. Following are attached documents

1) Notice of Assessment for 2012. 2) Transcript ( I passed Master course on 19th May 2011) 3) My convocation Degree (November 2011)

After graduating I went for conference and applied for PWGP in July 2011. While waiting for PGWP, I started working from 4th July 2011 on off campus permit and my PGWP arrived on 29th Sep 2011. CIC call center agent told me to put this in letter to avoid any kind of confusion. I already included references in my application package to support my work experience.

Thanks

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
This actually is a very interesting thread and I would appreciate if someone can guide me.

I graduated in Dec 2011 and got my post graduate work permit after 2 months and immediately started working full time.

After few months I enrolled in CGA program ( I'm sure you all know about CGA. Its an accounting designation and is done online). For that I required a study permit. So I applied for study permit and got it pretty easily.

My Post graduate work permit expires on Feb 2015 and My study permit expires on Mar 2016.

I have gained 1 year and 8 months of full time work experience and I am planning to apply for CEC soon.

My only concern is that will the study permit going to create problems for me?

I called CIC 3 times and all 3 times the agent told me it wont be a problem

Please help me.

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
saadt said:
This actually is a very interesting thread and I would appreciate if someone can guide me.

I graduated in Dec 2011 and got my post graduate work permit after 2 months and immediately started working full time.

After few months I enrolled in CGA program ( I'm sure you all know about CGA. Its an accounting designation and is done online). For that I required a study permit. So I applied for study permit and got it pretty easily.

My Post graduate work permit expires on Feb 2015 and My study permit expires on Mar 2016.

I have gained 1 year and 8 months of full time work experience and I am planning to apply for CEC soon.

My only concern is that will the study permit going to create problems for me?

I called CIC 3 times and all 3 times the agent told me it wont be a problem

Please help me.

bro.. I have called cic 1000 times and they told me the same thing everytime too ...."you can use both of your permits as long as they are valid".

But then I got this rejection ....

And most of them(including lawyer and cic call center) said that its fault on their part and that I should write them a cover letter explaining everything
which I did ....

And I got a response from them saying they have forwarded my request for reconsideration to an officer....

But some people in here say , getting a new permit invalidates the previous permit....

So really I would say If they reopen my case , then you are good to go ..... else It will be disaster :(

So pray for me !! lol ...but yea hopefully it will be fine....

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
gimmeThatPR said:
bro.. I have called cic 1000 times and they told me the same thing everytime too ...."you can use both of your permits as long as they are valid".

But then I got this rejection ....

And most of them(including lawyer and cic call center) said that its fault on their part and that I should write them a cover letter explaining everything
which I did ....

And I got a response from them saying they have forwarded my request for reconsideration to an officer....

But some people in here say , getting a new permit invalidates the previous permit....

So really I would say If they reopen my case , then you are good to go ..... else It will be disaster :(

So pray for me !! lol ...but yea hopefully it will be fine....

I hope everything will be fine for you.

What advise would you give me?

Write a cover letter and explain CIC that I am doing CGA on study permit which doesn't require any university or college and is 100% online? Should I also tell them I called the CIC agent several times and all the times they told me the same thing that study permit wont affect your CEC application?

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
saadt said:
I hope everything will be fine for you.

What advise would you give me?

Write a cover letter and explain CIC that I am doing CGA on study permit which doesn't require any university or college and is 100% online? Should I also tell them I called the CIC agent several times and all the times they told me the same thing that study permit wont affect your CEC application?
I think you can do only those study which is not require study permit .for exp banking exam cse ,insuranse liecence ,or less than six months study period.I also want to do cga and called CIC they said yes I can take both but I got debut on that .because TF must have one status either work permit or study permit