+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of spousal sponsorship. PLZ HELP

Lidia&Lilia

Oct 4, 2017
My lawyer just destroyed my life!

I just received the refusal letter. Why? Because my lawyer went on a vacation for 2 weeks without even telling me. She just left me hanging. When she came back.. she was so annoyed if i call her to ask her what proof and documents she needed. So ... i kept following up and i sent everything to her early. She waited till the last day to send the file to the VO ... i mentioned many times that she needs to do it sooner because we have delivery issues in Lebanon! But no.. she is annoyed if i talk to her! I just received a refusal letter because they didn't receive anything from me ...... i gathered tons of proofs.. but they didn't receive anything from her! She just destroyed me.

What should i do now. They said appeal in the letter.. but should i appeal in my case? Or talk to her? Or to the immigration? Im so lost and sad!

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
My lawyer just destroyed my life!

I just received the refusal letter. Why? Because my lawyer went on a vacation for 2 weeks without even telling me. She just left me hanging. When she came back.. she was so annoyed if i call her to ask her what proof and documents she needed. So ... i kept following up and i sent everything to her early. She waited till the last day to send the file to the VO ... i mentioned many times that she needs to do it sooner because we have delivery issues in Lebanon! But no.. she is annoyed if i talk to her! I just received a refusal letter because they didn't receive anything from me ...... i gathered tons of proofs.. but they didn't receive anything from her! She just destroyed me.

What should i do now. They said appeal in the letter.. but should i appeal in my case? Or talk to her? Or to the immigration? Im so lost and sad!
Seems like you hired a shitty lawyer. What you need to do now is hire a better one, and do it before you run out of time. When hiring a lawyer, check their reviews online and ask to speak with their previous clients. You can appeal your case or reapply. If the only reason for rejection is that your documents didn't reach there on time, then just appeal. You'll be referred to ADR (alternative dispute resolution) and everything will be resolved within a few months, hopefully.

Lidia&Lilia

Oct 4, 2017
Seems like you hired a shitty lawyer. What you need to do now is hire a better one, and do it before you run out of time. When hiring a lawyer, check their reviews online and ask to speak with their previous clients. You can appeal your case or reapply. If the only reason for rejection is that your documents didn't reach there on time, then just appeal. You'll be referred to ADR (alternative dispute resolution) and everything will be resolved within a few months, hopefully.
I heard that appeals will take from 1 year to 3 years. Is that true? And in this case, a lawyer's fault.. file sent but not received due to unknown reasons.. i have email proofs... can i do anything quickly?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You could contact the visa office, explain the situation and ask them if they will re-open the file.

Unfortunately CIC typically doesn't distinguish between something being your fault and the lawyers fault. Since the lawyer is your representative, if they fail to do something, this is treated the same as you failing to do something.

But again, you can certainly contact the visa office to see if they might consider reopening your application. They are under no obligation to do so - but it's possible they may consider your email.

Otherwise you either need to appeal or reapply.

If your lawyer / consultant is in Canada, I would also report them (file a complaint against them): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I heard that appeals will take from 1 year to 3 years. Is that true? And in this case, a lawyer's fault.. file sent but not received due to unknown reasons.. i have email proofs... can i do anything quickly?
Check the appeals thread on this forum. You'll probably be referred to an ADR and not an appeal, so it'll be a quicker process, but like scylla said, you can try contacting the VO directly and explaining what happened.