+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal letter states I didn’t disclosed previous visa denial and I actually did disclosed it

Yisetcsb

Sep 5, 2019
Hi. My visa refusal letter states that I didn’t disclosed a previous US visa denial and that is the reason for the refusal but in the IMM 5257 form of visa application that I submitted I did check the box of previous visa denial and explained in the section below that I had been denied a visa from the US and the date.
Furthermore in my letter of intention I explained again that I had been denied a visa from the US.
My question is: can I appeal a decision based on the fact that my visa application wasn’t reviewed well enough? If I reapply,how to guarantee that the officer will not miss again what I have already disclosed in my first application form??? Anyone has been in this situation????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. My visa refusal letter states that I didn’t disclosed a previous US visa denial and that is the reason for the refusal but in the IMM 5257 form of visa application that I submitted I did check the box of previous visa denial and explained in the section below that I had been denied a visa from the US and the date.
Furthermore in my letter of intention I explained again that I had been denied a visa from the US.
My question is: can I appeal a decision based on the fact that my visa application wasn’t reviewed well enough? If I reapply,how to guarantee that the officer will not miss again what I have already disclosed in my first application form??? Anyone has been in this situation????
Would send a webform with this exact information. Are you sure got denied for this reason? Normally you would receive a procedural fairness letter.

Yisetcsb

Sep 5, 2019
Would send a webform with this exact information. Are you sure got denied for this reason? Normally you would receive a procedural fairness letter.
What do you mean by Webform? I have been sending emails to the immigration office because on September 3, I got my refusal letter and it didn’t state any reasons, it was incomplete, finally yesterday they send me the refusal letter stating this reason that I hadn’t disclosed the previous visa denial, which is not true. I wrote them back but they can only inform of decisions, I don’t know if they can guide me of what to do in this case

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you mean by Webform? I have been sending emails to the immigration office because on September 3, I got my refusal letter and it didn’t state any reasons, it was incomplete, finally yesterday they send me the refusal letter stating this reason that I hadn’t disclosed the previous visa denial, which is not true. I wrote them back but they can only inform of decisions, I don’t know if they can guide me of what to do in this case
You have already contacted them. You have to wait now.