+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal based on Asian Discrimination and Intent

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
What's your status in the Review of Additional Documents?

Mine says "We have received the additional documents you provided." And they emailed me saying they have received it.

Maybe you should ask through webform?
We have the same under Additional Document, it just says “We have received the additional documents you provided.”

I did reach out and they confirm they had received them and they were being reviewed, but nothing changed.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
We have the same under Additional Document, it just says “We have received the additional documents you provided.”

I did reach out and they confirm they had received them and they were being reviewed, but nothing changed.
Based on my research on this forum, it seems like if it's only PCC - it's standard that it says "We have received the additional documents you provided."

It seems like the review status is common for proof and supporting documents.

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
Yes, i got the sponsorship approval directly to me. All I can say is overload them with so much evidence that they won't be able to refuse you. I thought that's what I did and I was almost 99.9% I would not get refused but lo and behold.

I am starting to think it might not be worth it for me to go back anymore. I have a good job here, pay 13% taxes, she is a Senior Accountant here so she will be struggling out there plus she can't work for a good 3-4 months. I think it's a big gamble to go to Canada like this. We were very keen but now this Singapore "officer just crushed our dreams and intentions to contribute to the wonderful Canadian life.

Not to mention, we plan on having a baby but all this setback is going to make it a costly move to go back. Does anyone know if she will be covered to give birth? My guess is no.

Anyways, I just need to vent right now as it has been putting strain in the household and we can't go out as covid cases are high in Thailand. I am writing down all my frustrations down!

• Sad
Reactions: constance23

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Yes, i got the sponsorship approval directly to me. All I can say is overload them with so much evidence that they won't be able to refuse you. I thought that's what I did and I was almost 99.9% I would not get refused but lo and behold.

I am starting to think it might not be worth it for me to go back anymore. I have a good job here, pay 13% taxes, she is a Senior Accountant here so she will be struggling out there plus she can't work for a good 3-4 months. I think it's a big gamble to go to Canada like this. We were very keen but now this Singapore "officer just crushed our dreams and intentions to contribute to the wonderful Canadian life.

Not to mention, we plan on having a baby but all this setback is going to make it a costly move to go back. Does anyone know if she will be covered to give birth? My guess is no.

Anyways, I just need to vent right now as it has been putting strain in the household and we can't go out as covid cases are high in Thailand. I am writing down all my frustrations down!
I'm so sorry about your refusal.

The thing with IRCC is that the evidence needs to be more than what we are claiming. It needs to be some kind of evidence that they can verify (like a letter from your boss stating he is aware that you have plans to move to Canada when your wife's PR gets approved, etc).

They've gotten strict over the years and I can understand why. I'm sure there are quite a few that didn't move back when they said they would.

We can claim all we want in our plans and letters but I think they are keen to see evidences that they can prove and confirm themselves.

They could also probably see your hesitations to move back given that both of you have very good jobs and are quite stable in Thailand.

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
How about the request for additional documents? Was it sent to you or to your wife?
So here's the thing, and this is something that took me a while to understand: when you are logging in the IRCC website, you need to be in the place of your wife (the applicant) so any question or email, should be addressed to her. You can go inside the system to see the letters and emails they send to you.

Reactions: cjr

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
So here's the thing, and this is something that took me a while to understand: when you are logging in the IRCC website, you need to be in the place of your wife (the applicant) so any question or email, should be addressed to her. You can go inside the system to see the letters and emails they send to you.
You mean the IRCC gckey account? Or the ecas?

I think if the letters are sent to your gckey account, you'll be able to see it there but sometimes they send it to your personal email and in your ecas, it'll just say they've sent you a correspondence with the date they sent the request and that you'll have to provide the information/document(s) asap.

You still have to comply to the deadline they give though but this won't reflect on your ecas, I believe.

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
You mean the IRCC gckey account? Or the ecas?

I think if the letters are sent to your gckey account, you'll be able to see it there but sometimes they send it to your personal email and in your ecas, it'll just say they've sent you a correspondence with the date they sent the request and that you'll have to provide the information/document(s) asap.

You still have to comply to the deadline they give though but this won't reflect on your ecas, I believe.
It will be in your gckey account (which is addressed to your wife). My wife just receives the emails that there is a new message in the account but they never sent me an actual email.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
It will be in your gckey account (which is addressed to your wife). My wife just receives the emails that there is a new message in the account but they never sent me an actual email.
They sent our AOR1 and SA to my husband's personal email and they sent the biometric request and request for additional document to my personal email as well. They sent the medical request to my gckey account two days after I linked our application.

I'm definitely very nervous and anxious.

Last edited:

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
They sent our AOR1 and SA to my husband's personal email and they sent the biometric request and request for additional document to my personal email as well. They sent the medical request to my gckey account two days after I linked our application.

I'm definitely very nervous and anxious.
I wish you the best. I think if you just show that you have concrete things lined up in Canada already, you should be ok.

• Love

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
I just noticed something, since my wife passport and visa expires in May 2022, I am guessing that the inland procedure will go beyond that time frame. What happens then? Will she be illegal in Canada? The other thing is that if we enter via tourist and we have all of our stuff with us, can they refuse at the Canadian border when we enter? This is another thing that I'm getting worried about. All these signs are pointing me to forget about Canada and remain in Thailand lol

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I just noticed something, since my wife passport and visa expires in May 2022, I am guessing that the inland procedure will go beyond that time frame. What happens then? Will she be illegal in Canada? The other thing is that if we enter via tourist and we have all of our stuff with us, can they refuse at the Canadian border when we enter? This is another thing that I'm getting worried about. All these signs are pointing me to forget about Canada and remain in Thailand lol
Not sure about the visa and passport. I'm guessing she'll have to renew her passport before it expires, otherwise it'll create issues for her.

And about the visa, not quite sure... Seniors? :)

But as far as I know, I believe they can still refuse you when you arrive in Canada.

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Thought it would be a walk in the park..... (During covid times?)
Well, unfortunately for many it's not that easy especially if you're honest. From our experience the sponsorship process was antiquated,
inefficient, and assumes your guilty of some wrongdoing for wanting to " contribute to the wonderful Canadian life. " It's not wonderful
for some and may just depend on what you have to offer.

I would be very careful arriving here expecting to have baby on a travel visa. That will be very costly.

This frustrating process takes a long time ( years for some ) and you've had an unexpected setback. I don't think it has anything to do with
discrimination but more to do with not providing IRCC with exactly what they were looking for. They're going to scrutinize you even more
now with a refusal under your belt, so if you really want to move forward then do some research and take the next path.

frange

May 25, 2018
We have to stop this thread since it is a personal opinion and useless for those who believe the immigration system.