+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUND

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, this is my 2nd time getting a refund. in my first year here(Canada) i got around $280 and this year I get 37 dollars! =(

are u also a caregiver? how much do u get?

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea, my current employer said that because I get paid more this time, so I only get small refund..

cheezums08

Feb 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dnt think its gonna be like that..who prepared your refund computation? your employer?

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
im alos a caregiver.. My tax refund last year was 400+ now its 200 ;(

cheezums08

Feb 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syrinmuller said:
hi im also a live-in caregiver, married and i got a refund of 2200 ;D
wow! that's a lot..good for you..is it your first time to get a refund?

syrinmuller

Mar 14, 2011
thanks guys! it' my 3rd yr of refund..first i got 1400 for only 9mos of working as a caregiver..my 2nd one is 1700..and now as i said is 2200.. :p ;D

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys got so much refund! So Good! I have claimed twice but I never got a refund. My employer always needs to pay more tax after the calculation. I just want to know how can you get the refund if your employer didn't pay more tax than needed. I am married, no kids, my husband stays at home country.

cheezums08

Feb 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bakerfrench said:
You guys got so much refund! So Good! I have claimed twice but I never got a refund. My employer always needs to pay more tax after the calculation. I just want to know how can you get the refund if your employer didn't pay more tax than needed. I am married, no kids, my husband stays at home country.
im sorry i cant even help you with this :( i think you better ask job-seeker regarding this coz he/she expert when it comes to complicated situations.. ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am not an expert :) Am like anybody else offering suggestions that worked for me or somebody else i have met/known in the duration of my stay in Canada. Workers get refunds when tax/cpp/ei deductions were more than what should be paid the government, that is why it is called a refund. You're getting back what you paid in excess of what's required. It's the same anywhere you are in the world.

cheezums08 said:
im sorry i cant even help you with this :( i think you better ask job-seeker regarding this coz he/she expert when it comes to complicated situations.. ;)

cheezums08

Feb 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am not an expert :) Am like anybody else offering suggestions that worked for me or somebody else i have met/known in the duration of my stay in Canada. Workers get refunds when tax/cpp/ei deductions were more than what should be paid the government, that is why it is called a refund. You're getting back what you paid in excess of what's required. It's the same anywhere you are in the world.
;D your welcome job-seekerthe reason why i said that you're an expert coz i've seen alot of messages here calling your attention at seeking for your help ;D i just hope "bakerfrench" enlighten now with what you've stated here..thanks again job-seeker... :D ;)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
job_seeker is right and there are also considerations of other kinds of deductions such as number of dependents, spouse's income, etc. It's not a "one size fits all" kind of thing.