+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund policy.. please help.

siya_

Aug 6, 2019
I am thinking to get refund from seneca college as I have planned not to go to canada now observing current situations, I have applied for visa and that is in the processing but what I am afraid is because I applied for offer letter and visa through a consultancy and that consultancy seems uninterested to get me refund, can I myself ask for refund? or there will be problems because I had applied through consultancy.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The consultancy likely made a profit on you going to Seneca. They're not going to help you.

You will need to talk to Seneca directly.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I am thinking to get refund from seneca college as I have planned not to go to canada now observing current situations, I have applied for visa and that is in the processing but what I am afraid is because I applied for offer letter and visa through a consultancy and that consultancy seems uninterested to get me refund, can I myself ask for refund? or there will be problems because I had applied through consultancy.
you cant get a refund unless your visa is refused , thats how things work i guess .

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
You can withdraw before a certain deadline, but there will most likely be a penalty. Some universities will refund you the amount minus $1500.
my problem is that i had a offer letter from mohawk college for the sept 2020 course but i didt wanted to go for sept 2020 so i just paid 2000 dollars for admission fee but after that i got know from other students that the course which i applied for is not available for jan 2021 and college only offers the course during each sept which is sept 2021 , now when i told about the college about this , they are like defer to any other course in jan 2021 or wait till sept 2021 for the desired course or else they wont refund my 2000 dollars or else i have to show them that my visa got rejected then only they can refund my money . now i dont know what to do as i cant wait for sept 2021 and i dont wanna change to any other course .

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
my problem is that i had a offer letter for the sept 2020 course but i didt wanted to go for sept 2020 so i just paid 2000 dollars for admission fee
This confused me, why apply/pay for admission to an intake you didn't want?

Yeah it makes sense that you won't get refunded for this unless your student permit application is rejected. The university doesn't want people carelessly taking up seats and then changing their minds for a full refund.

Unless other forum members know a loophole, I think you won't see that money back. Maybe you can apply for a student permit and purposely self-sabotage it so you can use the rejection letter to get a refund, but you should check what the college's refund policy is first.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
This confused me, why apply/pay for admission to an intake you didn't want?

Yeah it makes sense that you won't get refunded for this unless your student permit application is rejected. The university doesn't want people carelessly taking up seats and then changing their minds for a full refund.

Unless other forum members know a loophole, I think you won't see that money back. Maybe you can apply for a student permit and purposely self-sabotage it so you can use the rejection letter to get a refund, but you should check what the college's refund policy is first.
Because before paying the money i did not knew that the course will be offered online my last due date to pay the fees was on june 15 , so i paid the money around june 13 and on june 19 i got email from the college that sept 2020 course will be held online and i did not wanted to do the course online so before hand if i knew about that i would not have paid the money for the sept intake now when i tried for the deferral for jan 2021 they told me my desired course is not available for the month of jan 2021 .

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Because before paying the money i did not knew that the course will be offered online my last due date to pay the fees was on june 15 , so i paid the money around june 13 and on june 19 i got email from the college that sept 2020 course will be held online and i did not wanted to do the course online so before hand if i knew about that i would not have paid the money for the sept intake now when i tried for the deferral for jan 2021 they told me my desired course is not available for the month of jan 2021 .
Oh yeah in that case they really screwed you over. Forcing you to defer by a year so you can get the in-person experience you paid for is not fair.
I'm not sure what you can do other than to call the registrar's office and keep trying to get at the very least a partial refund. I'm sorry I don't have any better advice

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Oh yeah in that case they really screwed you over. Forcing you to defer by a year so you can get the in-person experience you paid for is not fair.
I'm not sure what you can do other than to call the registrar's office and keep trying to get at the very least a partial refund. I'm sorry I don't have any better advice
yea that's the main issue , i wouldn't mind if a get partial refund like minus 500 dollars still i would have saving around 1500 dollars and can apply to other colleges , on the other hand luckily i did not pay the whole sem fee which others students did and now are in same sitaution like me , I dont know what should i do , as i am very confused about the matter as i dont want to wait a whole year and do any other irrelevant course which is not suited for me.

Jun 16, 2020
Dear All,
If visa is rejected, what is the policy of refund then, Tuition fee, accommodation and GIC and is there any deduction in this case or not, please.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Dear All,
If visa is rejected, what is the policy of refund then, Tuition fee, accommodation and GIC and is there any deduction in this case or not, please.
GIC is fully refundable with IRCC rejection letter. As for tuition and accommodation, you should ask your university, as every institution has their own policy.