+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund from CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L OTTAWA QC

kevinlphan

May 22, 2019
Hi All,

I have previously applied for Permanent Residency through AINP and IRCC has received and started processing my application since April 30, 2019.
At the same time, I have applied to extend my work permit as well.

On May 15, 2019, I received a refund in the amount of $85 from “CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L OTTAWA QC”.
Now I’m not sure what this refund was for so I’m hoping you guys could help me out. I just want to make sure that my PR application did not get refused.
The only fee that involves $85 throughout my application is the Biometrics Fee which I’m not quite sure why they would refund it to me.

Sean Wu

May 26, 2019
Hi All,

I have previously applied for Permanent Residency through AINP and IRCC has received and started processing my application since April 30, 2019.

On May 15, 2019, I received a refund in the amount of $85 from “CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L OTTAWA QC”.
Now I’m not sure what this refund was for so I’m hoping you guys could help me out. I just want to make sure that my PR application did not get refused.
The only fee that involves $85 throughout my application is the Biometrics Fee which I’m not quite sure why they would refund it to me.
Maybe you pay two times for Biometrics Fee. One in extending your work permit. Other in applying for PR. So you was refunded on time.

abernathyabe

Apr 28, 2019
Alberta
Hi All,

Hi!
I had the same thing happen to me. Did anything come of it? Have you received any news about your PR?
Appreciate the help!

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Same thing happened to me. I'm sponsoring my spouse & paid for biometric, also we had visiting visa rejected 6 months back. Are they refunding the money because we don't need to do biometric again?

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Same thing happened to me. I'm sponsoring my spouse & paid for biometric, also we had visiting visa rejected 6 months back. Are they refunding the money because we don't need to do biometric again?
I got the same thing, the refund $85 to me on October 6,2020

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi there , am a Outland spouse applicant and applied for a visit visa prior ,and got the refund too ,is it normal .
Thanks
I heard that if you did biometrics within the past 10 years, then you don't need to do it again

Nov 20, 2020
Could you tell me, if you don't mind that when you apply to your husband and did you get any response from cic

Jubin2509

Oct 19, 2020
I got the 85 CAD refund too. Based on a recent policy update, if we have provided biometrics we do not need to do It again.
This is done in lieu of speeding up the process for many applications stuck during covid.

However, I had a query that is the refund being made by the local VO? Or is everyone getting refunded from Ottawa?
My processing was done in Nova Scotia and then was supposed to be forwarded to NewDelhi VO.
With this refund I'm confused if the application got sent to Ottawa?