+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Withdrawal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Both. I figured because I need to be home asap they would assist me on getting there with a indirect flight but the CBSA officer I spoke to he help me as much as he could & told me that I would have to wait until international direct flights resume. He also told me I could take a flight to Mexico to The Bahamas but thats too pricey.
But you also incur costs staying in Canada while waiting for the direct flight…

AliCatAnai

Jun 3, 2021
But you also incur costs staying in Canada while waiting for the direct flight…
I received a call from the CBSA officer this morning telling me that there are more Bahamians other than me that are trying to go back home as well but due to Canada lockdown they are unable to but I was told that direct flights will resume in July 3rd or maybe before that if the restrictions are changed. I was able tonfind a direct flight with Air Canada & I bought my ticket as well so now im just waiting to leave.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you please explain the process of getting back your passport and how long did it take?
If you are withdrawing your claim, IRCC won't give you your passport back until you are physically leaving the country. They will give the passport back to you at the airport as your are boarding the plane home.

Hhh88

Oct 12, 2021
If you are withdrawing your claim, IRCC won't give you your passport back until you are physically leaving the country. They will give the passport back to you at the airport as your are boarding the plane home.
What are the consequences of withdrawing a claim? Will i be able to get visa to any other country? Or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What are the consequences of withdrawing a claim? Will i be able to get visa to any other country? Or not?
The consequences of withdrawing the claim is that this triggers the removal order and you need to be making plans to leave Canada quite quickly after you withdraw your claim. You can certainly apply for a visa to another country however you may have to declare that you claimed refugee status in Canada in your application to that other country. The fact you claimed refugee status in Canada will remain in Canada's records forever even if you withdraw your claim. Once you leave Canada, it may be quite difficult to return in the future.

Hhh88

Oct 12, 2021
The consequences of withdrawing the claim is that this triggers the removal order and you need to be making plans to leave Canada quite quickly after you withdraw your claim. You can certainly apply for a visa to another country however you may have to declare that you claimed refugee status in Canada in your application to that other country. The fact you claimed refugee status in Canada will remain in Canada's records forever even if you withdraw your claim. Once you leave Canada, it may be quite difficult to return in the future.
How do i exactly withdraw my claim? How long do i have to leave canada after that?. Will my passport have any information about illegal entry to Canada from usa through border

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How do i exactly withdraw my claim? How long do i have to leave canada after that?. Will my passport have any information about illegal entry to Canada from usa through border
You send a webform requesting to withdraw your application and also speak to your lawyer. Your passport will not explicitly show your entry to Canada not through a legal border. Your removal order will be triggered immediately so you should leave as soon as possible but especially within 30 days.

Reactions: Masingh$1978

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
You send a webform requesting to withdraw your application and also speak to your lawyer. Your passport will not explicitly show your entry to Canada not through a legal border. Your removal order will be triggered immediately so you should leave as soon as possible but especially within 30 days.
Is there any consequences on refugee claim withdrawal if received social assistance ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Do you know if I withdraw my refugee claim are they provide some assistance payments and tickets when I return to back home?
Within 30days from the day your Departure order become active, you should confirm with CBSA and they will return your passport at Point of exit. Passed 30days, CBSA will pay for your ticket and remove you from Canada. In this case, you will be barred to return to Canada until you apply for ARC. There is NO any other assistance payments offered.

CanadaLandy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2022
Within 30days from the day your Departure order become active, you should confirm with CBSA and they will return your passport at Point of exit. Passed 30days, CBSA will pay for your ticket and remove you from Canada. In this case, you will be barred to return to Canada until you apply for ARC. There is NO any other assistance payments offered.
I heard from someone they will receive 5000 CAD and CBSA buying tickets