+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Withdrawal

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
1. Claim is at the Refugee Protection Division not IRCC(Immigration Division). There is legal form to fill and send to RPD.
hi Simba,
For my confirmation, I want to ask you that my refugee claim is on stage where I have NOT yet called for Eligibility Interview by IRCC. They just took my passport and finger prints on 03-21 and told me that I will be called for eligibility interview later which I have been waiting till now. So my question is :
1. Is my claim with RPD ? OR Is it with IRCC as they have not yet called me for Eligibility Interview?
2. Do I need to fill up for withdrawal Notice to Claim for Withdrawal under sec 59(2) with IRB or IMM 5021B with IRCC ?
3. Also do I have to call IRB or IRCC about my withdrawal ?
4. Any other suggestions please

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
You send a webform requesting to withdraw your application and also speak to your lawyer. Your passport will not explicitly show your entry to Canada not through a legal border. Your removal order will be triggered immediately so you should leave as soon as possible but especially within 30 days.
Hi what is the link for sending webform requesting withdrawal ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hi Simba,
For my confirmation, I want to ask you that my refugee claim is on stage where I have NOT yet called for Eligibility Interview by IRCC. They just took my passport and finger prints on 03-21 and told me that I will be called for eligibility interview later which I have been waiting till now. So my question is :
1. Is my claim with RPD ? OR Is it with IRCC as they have not yet called me for Eligibility Interview?
2. Do I need to fill up for withdrawal Notice to Claim for Withdrawal under sec 59(2) with IRB or IMM 5021B with IRCC ?
3. Also do I have to call IRB or IRCC about my withdrawal ?
4. Any other suggestions please
1. It could be with the RPD, waiting to be scheduled
2. You can send to IRB and they can manage it from there
3. For follow up yes you can after submission
4. No other suggestion

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
The moment you declare you are refugee claimant, you are referred to IRB. Provided you made submission, IRB comes into the picture...Waiting for eligibility interview does not mean you are not a refugee claimant, and the IRCC can not remove you from Canada until your determination, you abandon and or you withdraw your claim. Withdrawing claim is IRB. I can understand where your confusion is but you may confirm with your counsel.
Hi Simba, can I have your contact number to call you to discuss certain issues ?

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
If you are withdrawing your claim, IRCC won't give you your passport back until you are physically leaving the country. They will give the passport back to you at the airport as your are boarding the plane home.
Hello Scylla,
Can u please give me ur contact number to call you to discuss and have ur advice on my certain issues on phone ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,
Can u please give me ur contact number to call you to discuss and have ur advice on my certain issues on phone ?
I'm not an immigration consultant or lawyer and don't have the expertise to guide you beyond what I've already posted.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I'm not an immigration consultant or lawyer and don't have the expertise to guide you beyond what I've already posted.
Hi could you please give me refugees board fax I want to withdraw my claim I have form but I don’t know fax number where I need to send to I went to there office but there is no one only one security guard

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi could you please give me refugees board fax I want to withdraw my claim I have form but I don’t know fax number where I need to send to I went to there office but there is no one only one security guard
I don't know it.

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
Hello Scylla,
Hello Scylla,

Our Refugee Claim withdrawal (PRIOR TO REFERRAL TO RPD) is completed with IRCC Montreal and confirmed last week. (we were asked by IRCC Montreal to submit form 5317B as refugee claim withdrawal prior referral to RPD).

Can you please help me advising to how and to whom should we contact for getting our seized family passports back to travel back to home country? I checked with IRCC agents on phone, they gave me CBSA contact number 1 (800) 461-9999 for passport return. I called on this number today and lady said that they cannot check where is our passports are. She said I have call IRCC Montreal again and should ask IRCC Montreal where our passports are? We are very confused and in panic now what to do? IRCC agents do not know accurate procedure as they just gave me toll free # of CBSA to contact further. Please advise whom, how should I contact for passports return.

I have only following documents as proof of our withdrawal:
- application letter to IRCC of withdrawal of claim
- form 5317B duly signed and submitted to IRCC Montreal.

Our passports were seized at IRCC Montreal but under Covid situation, we recently shifted to Toronto and we are looking for our passports be return at Toronto, if possible. We are also unable to make our travel plan without passports in hand.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Scylla,

Our Refugee Claim withdrawal (PRIOR TO REFERRAL TO RPD) is completed with IRCC Montreal and confirmed last week. (we were asked by IRCC Montreal to submit form 5317B as refugee claim withdrawal prior referral to RPD).

Can you please help me advising to how and to whom should we contact for getting our seized family passports back to travel back to home country? I checked with IRCC agents on phone, they gave me CBSA contact number 1 (800) 461-9999 for passport return. I called on this number today and lady said that they cannot check where is our passports are. She said I have call IRCC Montreal again and should ask IRCC Montreal where our passports are? We are very confused and in panic now what to do? IRCC agents do not know accurate procedure as they just gave me toll free # of CBSA to contact further. Please advise whom, how should I contact for passports return.

Our passports were seized at IRCC Montreal but under Covid situation, we recently shifted to Toronto and we are looking for our passports be return at Toronto, if possible. We are also unable to make our travel plan without passports in hand.
You will only receive your passports at the airport right before you get on your flight.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,

I don't know who you should contact.

However you won't get your passports back in order to make travel plans. They will not be returned to you until you are boarding an airplane and leaving the country.

You can book your airline tickets without having your passports. You don't need to have your passports in hand to book a flight.

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
1. Your Claim is with the RPD, Not IRCC at the moment, Use below form and send to RPD not IRCC. RPD after receiving your form, will notify CBSA and IRCC. https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/forms/Documents/RpdSpr2401e.pdf
2. You lose right to make any claim in Canada, will affect re-entry to Canada and other members of Infopool. Also removal order will automatic become active, and if you leave and someone did not invalidate, it will change to deportation order
3. At Point of Exit. you will make arrangement with CBSA and they will handover your passports at the airport
4. No
5. Automatic lose health benefits and all other come along with your claim
Hi,
I am now at home country after voluntary withdrawal from refugee claim prior to eligibility interview. I got social welfare in my account. Moving forward please advise :
- how to get it closed and whom should I write for this ?
- is there any consequences as I forgot to get it closed ?

Reactions: nirjhoroliver