PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi,
I am now at home country after voluntary withdrawal from refugee claim prior to eligibility interview. I got social welfare in my account. Moving forward please advise :
- how to get it closed and whom should I write for this ?
- is there any consequences as I forgot to get it closed ?
you have to contact which ever province was providing wellfare
You might have to pay back the portion of which you received after you withdraw your case

Sadik58

Jun 21, 2022
Hi,
I am now at home country after voluntary withdrawal from refugee claim prior to eligibility interview. I got social welfare in my account. Moving forward please advise :
- how to get it closed and whom should I write for this ?
- is there any consequences as I forgot to get it closed ?
I’ve withdrawn refugee claim
Can you please let me know how and where to contact for voluntary departure

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I’ve withdrawn refugee claim
Can you please let me know how and where to contact for voluntary departure
Could you please tell me how long it took you to receive the Confirmation of Claim Withdrawal?
I sent my Withdrawal of Claim form to the Montreal IRB office, but I haven't heard back since last week.

I called several times but was told that the case officer would contact me; I left him a voicemail but he never returned my call, and the IRCC deadline is approaching.

TheresaH

Jun 3, 2023
I withdrawed my refugee claim due to family matters back home and i've received a confirmation of my withdrawal as well. The process was so hectic but I got through it. Now I am trying to return to my home country but I there aren't any direct flights available as yet. I don't want to be deported because i chose to leave on my own but I read that they give you 30days until they deport you. 30days has pass and im here in fear because I don't want to ruin my chances of traveling to the u.s in the future. Does anyone know if I am deported from Canada will I be able to go to the U.S as a vistor in the future. Will the U.S Embassy be able to see that I was deported from Canada? Please help me. I've bin trying to leave because my mom really needs me back home but because of the lockdown no flights are available for me to go. I was told from cbsa that I would have to wit until flight resume.
Hello , I’m reference to your situation did you get sorted because I’m facing the same thing at the moment trying to return to the Bahamas. Now that they have direct flights available I wanted to know if I can just purchase tickets and get our passports upon arrival . I already withdrew my claim but haven’t gotten confirmation yet. But I want to leave asap and do you ever attempt to travel to the states ?

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
I withdrawed my refugee claim due to family matters back home and i've received a confirmation of my withdrawal as well. The process was so hectic but I got through it. Now I am trying to return to my home country but I there aren't any direct flights available as yet. I don't want to be deported because i chose to leave on my own but I read that they give you 30days until they deport you. 30days has pass and im here in fear because I don't want to ruin my chances of traveling to the u.s in the future. Does anyone know if I am deported from Canada will I be able to go to the U.S as a vistor in the future. Will the U.S Embassy be able to see that I was deported from Canada? Please help me. I've bin trying to leave because my mom really needs me back home but because of the lockdown no flights are available for me to go. I was told from cbsa that I would have to wit until flight resume.
How long did it take you to get the confirmation letter from the time you submitted the cancellation application form?