+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hello guys
My photo is taken 6month and 3 days ago, do Passport center accept it for RTD?
I’ll suggest that you take another photo. Requirement from IRCC is that your photo must be taken within the last six months. In your own case, the age of your photo is 6months + 3days.

Reactions: NaAzaAn

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Guys another question
I have my COPR and haven’t received my PR card yet.
So can I use my COPR for proof of status or I should use my Notice of decision?

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Guys another question
I have my COPR and haven’t received my PR card yet.
So can I use my COPR for proof of status or I should use my Notice of decision?
Have you applied for the RTD? If yes, I’ll suggest that you leave your application with the NOD. You can forward send the eCOPR to them if they requested for it (hopefully you’d have received your PR card by then). If you are in the process of applying for the RTD, you can either wait till you get your PR Card or use both the NOD and eCOPR as a proof of status.

DISCLAIMER - This information is based on my own experience when I applied for RTD.

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Have you applied for the RTD? If yes, I’ll suggest that you leave your application with the NOD. You can forward send the eCOPR to them if they requested for it (hopefully you’d have received your PR card by then). If you are in the process of applying for the RTD, you can either wait till you get your PR Card or use both the NOD and eCOPR as a proof of status.

DISCLAIMER - This information is based on my own experience when I applied for RTD.
I’ve received epost link and gathering documents. Actually I’m waiting for PR card for 60 days and don’t know how long I should wait for!!
I was wondering if I can use both NOD and eCOPR but in the RTD application only there is one box for status proof.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I’ve received epost link and gathering documents. Actually I’m waiting for PR card for 60 days and don’t know how long I should wait for!!
I was wondering if I can use both NOD and eCOPR but in the RTD application only there is one box for status proof.

Below is one of the proof of status documents accepted for RTD application. I think it’s safe to use your NOD.

I also shared the link to the application requirements
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/apply-how.html

Proof of immigration status documents
Documents you can use as proof of immigration status in Canada include
  • a valid permanent resident card
  • a temporary resident permit
  • a notice of decision from the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
  • an IRCC verification of status (VOS) document
  • a positive pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA) results letter

Reactions: NaAzaAn

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Wow, just keep calling them, I know it's hard to get hold of them but keep calling, 1888-242-2100, then press 3-5-2-0, don't accept the callback option, I finally got thru this morning, the recording stated the wait time is 49 minutes, they gave me an option either to wait or have an agent to call me back when they reach my spot, I chose the callback option, they never called me back, if you get thru just stay on the phone. good luck
Finally I talked to the agent today. My application is not available in the system yet:( I have to wait..

Therightd237

Nov 20, 2021
Hey guys do you know if I can travel to Dubai with my travel document. I’m not originally from there. Do they allow RTD holders on territory? What’s the visa process timeline