+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Bad news, they replied in a formal letter that they DO NOT accept eCoPR. Only PR card.. which is interesting because they stated in the PR portal that I can use ecopr as proof of status. Im waiting for the card for 60 days.
OMG!!! I have eCOPR and think that it will be accepted for RTD!! I’m waiting for my PR card for 40 days.

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Hello Everyone, I have couple of questions,

I mailed my RTD (not urgent) 2 weeks ago and still have not received anything to confirm they got my package,
where is the link to webform that I can send out my tracking number and follow up. ? please share - 3 months ago I submitted my PR application.

Also can I at the moment ask for urgent one? everywhere is open why they are still waiting for everything back to normal and piling up the applications?
what type of reasons I can make to support my urgent case, my brother lives in USA and he is going through divorce with 2 kids, and I really want to be with him in this difficult time. is it considered as an urgent?

Thanks

Yousef03

Dec 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I got my RTD application approved this week, do you know how long it takes to finalizing it? I called IRCC today and they can’t give me a timeframe. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
OMG!!! I have eCOPR and think that it will be accepted for RTD!! I’m waiting for my PR card for 40 days.
I will suggest you wait for your PR card before applying, you can as well use your Notice of decision with your eCOPR, you never know maybe the officer might give you for 5 years as the case with someone I have seen on this platform who used eCOPR and got 5 years RTD

Reactions: NaAzaAn

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
Hello Everyone, I have couple of questions,

I mailed my RTD (not urgent) 2 weeks ago and still have not received anything to confirm they got my package,
where is the link to webform that I can send out my tracking number and follow up. ? please share - 3 months ago I submitted my PR application.

Also can I at the moment ask for urgent one? everywhere is open why they are still waiting for everything back to normal and piling up the applications?
what type of reasons I can make to support my urgent case, my brother lives in USA and he is going through divorce with 2 kids, and I really want to be with him in this difficult time. is it considered as an urgent?

Thanks
Sorry if it is not urgent, I guess you have to wait. You must either have a proof to show how urgent it is for you to travel, helping your brother who is going through divorce is not listed among the reason for the Urgent travel. Death of close relative, sickness of loved one with doctors report as proof or fear of loosing job and essential service among many reasons for urgent travel. As things are opening up, I hope the need for Urgent travel will be discarded

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone, I got my RTD application approved this week, do you know how long it takes to finalizing it? I called IRCC today and they can’t give me a timeframe. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
I think it wont be too long depending on the postal service. Give it few days especially if you have a date to travel in mind and it was communicated to IRCC. They will respect your travel date. They actually called me to let me know my RTD has been mailed when my travel date was far approaching the first time I applied for RTD.

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
I think it wont be too long depending on the postal service. Give it few days especially if you have a date to travel in mind and it was communicated to IRCC. They will respect your travel date. They actually called me to let me know my RTD has been mailed when my travel date was far approaching the first time I applied for RTD.
However, if you did not select a date in your application and the date for your travel is approaching, you could still send the web form with your travel date or ticket for example

Refugeefamilyy

Jul 2, 2019
Good evening everyone, please does anyone knows how to send proof of payment for RTD to immigration? I submitted my application last September and they have started processing (I have the application number). Unfortunately the credit card in my application expired. The IRCC officer I spoke with yesterday said I can pay online but didn’t tell me the process of sending the proof of payment. Please advise.
Hi good evening, I’m planning to renew my RTD, did you apply for an urgent refugee travel document or just regular case ? Because in my case it’s not urgent but I’d like to renew mine to go on vacations and I’d like to know if they are processing regular applications,
thank you very much in advance for your reply !

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi good evening, I’m planning to renew my RTD, did you apply for an urgent refugee travel document or just regular case ? Because in my case it’s not urgent but I’d like to renew mine to go on vacations and I’d like to know if they are processing regular applications,
thank you very much in advance for your reply !
I applied for the regular case September 2021. The agent I spoke with last week said they focus on urgent travel applications now. I will advise that you send in your renewal application. The processing time on the website is 20 business days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html

The6god

Jul 8, 2020
I got the same email and after that i hv sent 4 webforms and got the same reply.. it’s been 3 months to my Rtd application
Hi, Can you kindly share how you dealt the rtd application? Especially where it says you need a guarantor or complete the "statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor form". Also, did you submitted online or by mail?

juliapark

Mar 19, 2019
can someone share how do you reach CIC? At what times do you usually call?
I have not been successful early in the morning or later before closing, and any other times I tried.
It's always " high volume of calls, we are unable to complete your call"

Sent an urgent application for me and my husband in December. I received mine a month ago but nothing for him. Everything was identical and the urgent reason is actually on his family side.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
can someone share how do you reach CIC? At what times do you usually call?
I have not been successful early in the morning or later before closing, and any other times I tried.
It's always " high volume of calls, we are unable to complete your call"

Sent an urgent application for me and my husband in December. I received mine a month ago but nothing for him. Everything was identical and the urgent reason is actually on his family side.
you have to keep trying. Try at like 1 pm. You have to be on the phone like trying every 1 min. It is like that

afacan16

Sep 21, 2021
Hey. Today I send my documents via epost. What's the after ? How long it's gonna take after that ?
Thank you
After I sent my documents today I received my 5 years RTD.
Here is my timeline:

-> 9 February

-Sent webform with urgent reason.
-Same day I received call from IRCC and agent said he'll sent me Canada ePost link via email.
-2 Hours after I received ePost link via Canada Post. I uploaded necessary documents on ePost Portal

-> 28 February
-I received my RTD today.

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,
My friend applied today for travel document. How long does he have to wait to send a web form for urgent reason?
He was helped by the secretary of his lawyer and she said he has to wait ten business days to start the process and then send the urgent request.

sullom1012000

Jan 15, 2022
Hi,
My friend applied today for travel document. How long does he have to wait to send a web form for urgent reason?
He was helped by the secretary of his lawyer and she said he has to wait ten business days to start the process and then send the urgent request.
its better if he sends the webform before mailing anything because currently they only process urgent applications for travel document. once they verify your urgency they will send an epost for him.