+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

sullom1012000

Jan 15, 2022
@Aish####a I'm using my scanner to make scan my photos and it doesn't reach 1MB and in epost the requirement is that
photos must be in a .jpg format with a minimum size of 1Mb and cannot exceed maximum 4Mb
Is it ok to scan it and send it or how can I make it this large

Refugeefamilyy

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Everyone!
I have a question , I am planning to renew the Refugee Travel Document ( it’s not urgent case )

does anyone know if they are processing normal cases as well ?
i know in the website they say only urgent cases but sometimes they still processing regular cases and if so how long did they take to process it ?

thanks in advance

Reactions: Faisalkhan555
Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone! I submitted my RTD last September and haven’t heard anything. I now have an urgent need to travel. I submitted the web form yesterday but I worry that might not be enough. What else should I do? I’ve tried calling but the line keeps saying it’s busy.

Sep 7, 2021
A follow up question: if you’re submitting a new RTD application that’s also for urgent travel, do you still have to mail it or do you just use the web form?

Thank you for your help!

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Please help,

I submitted my first RTD application via epost. As I read comments here I chose to apply with eCoPR. This is not a Verification of Status document? Because they sent me an e-mail, asking proof of immigration status. I don’t have the PR card yet, I sent back the eCoPR again.. the e-mail mentions that notice is decision (NOD) is ok for them, but I want the RTD for 5 years, not just 2.

sullom1012000

Jan 15, 2022
A follow up question: if you’re submitting a new RTD application that’s also for urgent travel, do you still have to mail it or do you just use the web form?

Thank you for your help!
No, I don't think so. For urgent Processing, if they accept your reason they will send an epost connect and you can submit all documents through epost No need to mail anything.

I'm not an expert but in my case, my first time applying they replied with a generic email within 2 weeks that I wasn't accepted but when I added a support document they replied quickly. normally it's all about your situation.

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Bad news, they replied in a formal letter that they DO NOT accept eCoPR. Only PR card.. which is interesting because they stated in the PR portal that I can use ecopr as proof of status. Im waiting for the card for 60 days.

Reactions: TorontoYyz

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Hi guys I apply my travel document for renewal in mid December via courier and I didn’t received any confirmation which say they got the file so I called the customer service they said send the web form. I sent them a web form with supporting latter after I sent that I got e mail which is the following:-

Good day ————
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to
advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of
Identity (COl) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the
responsible office.
Do not respond to this e-mail or send any documents or
personal information.
To support health and safety measures and clients with urgent
travel needs, we have introduced a digital application submission
service via Canada Post's post Connect ™M. Canada Post's epost
Connect is a digital delivery platform with encryption that ensures
the application stays secure and that privacy is protected
throughout the application process.
Within 5 business days, you will receive an e-mail from Canada
Post's post Connect advising that you have been sent a message
through epost. To access the message, you will have to sign up for
epost Connect, you are encouraged to do so now. If you do not
receive the e-mail from Canada Post, please check your
Spam/Junk e-mail folder.
For information on what you need to apply for a refugee travel
document or certificate of identity, please consult the Apply for a
travel document in Canada: Non-Canadian adults and children
page. Additional instructions on the submission process will be
provided through post Connect.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with
your enquiry.
What should I do ?
Hi, I've got the same email today.
My application was received on January 12, 2022 by mail. Still no any updates from IRCC:(

Sep 7, 2021
No, I don't think so. For urgent Processing, if they accept your reason they will send an epost connect and you can submit all documents through epost No need to mail anything.

I'm not an expert but in my case, my first time applying they replied with a generic email within 2 weeks that I wasn't accepted but when I added a support document they replied quickly. normally it's all about your situation.
Thank you so much, this is helpful! I got this email yesterday, did you get this one as well? Not sure if this means they're considering my urgent request and will get back to me?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and everything appears to be in order with your application 1000228721. It is still within processing times.

Also, we can advise you that we have forwarded your urgent enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.