+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has applied recently for refugee travel document.
I mailed my application and sent the webform for urgent service and I provided proof of urgent travel.

I submitted my application on March 10th, I called today and the agent told me that my application is not in the system yet, although I mentioned in the webform that I'm traveling on April 15th.

Does anyone has experience recently on how long it takes to get the RTD ?

Your answers are appreciated. Thanks
@Fadi208, please have received any update about your application? Coz they keep saying mine is not on the system, I submitted since 11 March.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
@Fadi208, please have received any update about your application? Coz they keep saying mine is not on the system, I submitted since 11 March.
Hey after you submitted your application, make sure to send them a web form again with the tracking number and all that. Also explain your situation briefly. if you've already done so, it wouldn't hurt to go over it again. Thats how they know you need your travel document ASAP.

Reactions: Ekemini Kingz

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hey after you submitted your application, make sure to send them a web form again with the tracking number and all that. Also explain your situation briefly. if you've already done so, it wouldn't hurt to go over it again. Thats how they know you need your travel document ASAP.
@Jon0003, I just submitted the web form again with the tracking , hopefully they respond. Thank you so much

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Anyone with PR applied for urgent RTD? Wondering if they got a 5 years or 2 years validity?

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
If I called IRCC and they said they opened my file does that mean they will process it? I didnt send an urgent request

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Very Interesting, yeah I think most likely they will. When did you send in your documents ?
I applied February 2021... they said they opened it but they also said they are prioritizing urgent ones so Im not sure if they will still process mine or not

mslaf

Apr 18, 2021
The processing office reached out to me in March to send a new photo because I wore a headband in the old one. It’s April and they still haven’t picked up the mail I sent. I sent them a fax and had agents on the phone put a note on my file for them to pick up the mail. My travel date is June 15. Do you guys think I’ll get it by then?