+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document (RTD) after COVID

Ahmad789

Nov 18, 2020
Hello Everyone
Did anyone apply for a refugee travel document with normal processing after covid?

Share your timelines

I just applied last week

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
What I know is they are not working in regular applications for now. They are just processing urgent applications so I think we have to wait for a while.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
I contacted ircc today apparently they still did not enter my application to the system yet which they received 2 weeks ago the officer told me they have applications from march 2020 which not yet processed unless it’s urgent applications..I got really frustrated thinking that i might end up 1 year to get my document

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I contacted ircc today apparently they still did not enter my application to the system yet which they received 2 weeks ago the officer told me they have applications from march 2020 which not yet processed unless it’s urgent applications..I got really frustrated thinking that i might end up 1 year to get my document
I told you. They are not working on it.

"Refugee travel document or certificate of identity services (available for urgent travel only)
You can only get travel document services in Canada if you have a valid reason to travel urgently.

Valid urgent travel reasons include if you’re travelling

for a medical reason because you have a serious illness
because of the serious illness or death of someone you know
because you’ll have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
to support an essential service
for humanitarian reasons
You need a letter from your organization that lists the humanitarian reasons.
The loss of airfare or other travel expenses is not a valid reason for urgent travel.

If you submitted an application in person or by mail and you don’t need to travel urgently, we’ll process it when normal services resume.

If you don’t need a travel document urgently, wait until normal services resume.

We suggest you don’t apply if

you don’t meet the above criteria for urgent travel
you have symptoms such as coughing, difficulty breathing or a fever
you’re in isolation"