+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Perfect. I paid 120 too. Was worried if should have added more for the urgent processing.
I’ve submitted my application today and I’ve paid $120 plus a prepaid envelope return from Canada post. I’ve attached a letter from a hospital shows that I need a travel document ASAP.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
I’ve submitted my application today and I’ve paid $120 plus a prepaid envelope return from Canada post. I’ve attached a letter from a hospital shows that I need a travel document ASAP.
What reason did the medical note say ... if you don’t mind

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I hope your application get approved as soon as possible.

Just keep in mind, it may take more then month to complete even urgent travel document application. I have been accepted for urgent travel document application for a month ago and sent the application 3 weeks ago. They have not entered the application to their system yet. According to the call center agent, it may take another couple of weeks.

So expect at least 4-6 weeks of processing time.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I hope your application get approved as soon as possible.

Just keep in mind, it may take more then month to complete even urgent travel document application. I have been accepted for urgent travel document application for a month ago and sent the application 3 weeks ago. They have not entered the application to their system yet. According to the call center agent, it may take another couple of weeks.

So expect at least 4-6 weeks of processing time.
Did you receive any email from them that your application has been approved? Or you called them and ask and update of your status? Hopefully you will get your travel document soon.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
After submission of webform for urgent RTD, someone from identity department contacts you. I have been getting update from that person.

You can also call IRCC and ask about your RTD application. They will ask you your UCI and tell you the department has not entered the application to system.

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
I was wondering if I can keep my RTD after it is expired and after I become a citizen. Or do I have to return it when I get a new RTD/Canadian passport?

Farishta Karimi

Sep 21, 2020
No there wasn’t any option for an additional fee. Did you submit the medical note too
Hello,
yes, I submitted the copy of medical note too.The papers were sent through email so i printed them out and attached it to the applcation. Do you think copies are fine or should have been original?

Farishta Karimi

Sep 21, 2020
Hello, I didn't read anywhere about sending a prepaid envelope. Kindly write where did you read about it?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Mars18

Apr 21, 2020
Hello, I didn't read anywhere about sending a prepaid envelope. Kindly write where did you read about it?
Please see section C (fee) of travel document application- you will find all the info. Here is the details and am sure you can find the link of online payment through the travel document application guidelines on immigration website.
Methods of payment (Canadian funds only): If you are applying by mail (3 options):
• Pay your fees online and include a copy of the receipt with your application; or
• Complete Section D by providing your credit card information; or
• Issue a certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) in the exact amount, payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
If you are applying in-person, you can pay by:
• Debit card (Interac), Visa Debit, Virtual Visa Debit or other prepaid cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) only for in-person applications submitted by the cardholder. Prepaid debit cards are not accepted;
• Credit card and prepaid card (embossed only);
• Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) in the exact amount, payable to the Receiver General for Canada;
• Cash and personal cheques are not accepted.

Farishta Karimi

Sep 21, 2020
Please see section C (fee) of travel document application- you will find all the info. Here is the details and am sure you can find the link of online payment through the travel document application guidelines on immigration website.
Methods of payment (Canadian funds only): If you are applying by mail (3 options):
• Pay your fees online and include a copy of the receipt with your application; or
• Complete Section D by providing your credit card information; or
• Issue a certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) in the exact amount, payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
If you are applying in-person, you can pay by:
• Debit card (Interac), Visa Debit, Virtual Visa Debit or other prepaid cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) only for in-person applications submitted by the cardholder. Prepaid debit cards are not accepted;
• Credit card and prepaid card (embossed only);
• Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) in the exact amount, payable to the Receiver General for Canada;
• Cash and personal cheques are not accepted.
Yup, i provided them with my credit card details. However, I don't see it mentioning sending a 'prepaid envelope'.