+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
please help me. when i am applying for the RTD am i only submitting the whole hearing document or just the part that says i am accepted.
If i need second day delivery for the RTD what and what should i present.
Can u help me with the address where i will go and get the RTD
thank you all

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
please help me. when i am applying for the RTD am i only submitting the whole hearing document or just the part that says i am accepted.
If i need second day delivery for the RTD what and what should i present.
Can u help me with the address where i will go and get the RTD
thank you all

Just the page with the decision.

This link will let you know where to send it ETC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/apply.html

if you need expresse

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/processing-times.html

LoveCanada15

Jul 20, 2019
Yes! Absolutely.
I had an active US Visa in my national passport, but it was seized, and I reapplied for the US visa using my Travel Document. I had an interview at the embassy, and it was very simple to explain that as a refugee, my passport was seized, and I don't have access to that visa anymore, so the officer cancelled that visa in my national passport in the system ,and issued a new one and put it in the Travel document. So now I can go to the US with this new visa.
Had you received your PR card when apply?

LoveCanada15

Jul 20, 2019
PR is not necessary.

I had the same issue last Month.

had a ten year Visa.

When i got RTD i got another Ten Year.

I still do no have a PR.
Great! That was my biggest concern, to know if PR is needed cause RTD says in the last page that " To enter Canada, the bearer must provide supplementary evidence of PR status as establish by Canadian Immigration Authorities."

Ahka

Nov 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question i doubt anyone would know but, i applied for RTD on June 22nd its been a month now and They havent contacted my references yet. Anyone know when in the process are references contacted and does anyone know the number they call from by any chance. Because one of my references is traveling and he doesnt wanna answer any number because of roaming fees.
Thank you so much

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have a question i doubt anyone would know but, i applied for RTD on June 22nd its been a month now and They havent contacted my references yet. Anyone know when in the process are references contacted and does anyone know the number they call from by any chance. Because one of my references is traveling and he doesnt wanna answer any number because of roaming fees.
Thank you so much
Sometimes they dont contact them, so its not weird. Mine took over a month too, no worries

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
You should call them and ask about status .
I did call them and it was ready and they dispatched me on the same. Day .
Thanks

rizhaque

May 31, 2018
I am a protected person and PR in proccess, have RTD
Cananyone help me in this regard ?

1, Can I go to USA on RTD ?
2, Should I get visa for USA or visa free entery ?
3, when I will come back to canada what document I have to show to enter canada ?

Ahka

Nov 28, 2018
I am a protected person and PR in proccess, have RTD
Cananyone help me in this regard ?

1, Can I go to USA on RTD ?
2, Should I get visa for USA or visa free entery ?
3, when I will come back to canada what document I have to show to enter canada ?
1. Yes
2. You need Visa
3. RTD and the approval letter from court that you are a protected person

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Where will be a visa free country near Finland? Please advise.
Or country with fastest visa processing close to Finland.

Ahka

Nov 28, 2018
Anyone apply for RTD recently how long did it take?
I applied in june 22nd and i called today to check and they said they havent even started processing yet. Its been 6 weeks is that normal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone apply for RTD recently how long did it take?
I applied in june 22nd and i called today to check and they said they havent even started processing yet. Its been 6 weeks is that normal?
Depending on how you mailed it take off at least a week. Sounds like 4 weeks including mail time and holiday weekend. Depends on how busy they are but somewhat on the longer side if they haven’t started processing yet but what can you do. Believe they just give out processing time estimates.