+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

MissANS

Jun 6, 2019
Thank you for your replay
do I need to fill any form or bring any documents with me to the notary office?
yes you do , you need the statutory declaration form printed out from the website and two form of identification you take it to the notary office ,just read instruction on the website .

Reactions: adbcca

Ahka

Nov 28, 2018
Hi, i have few questions. I sent my application today with express mail but because its weekend it will arrive Tuesday (June 25th). After i sent it, one of my references told me that he's gonna be traveling out of the country on July 11th so 15 days after my application is delivered, my question is when are the references usually contacted like how far in the process. And my next question is if they dont catch him, will i have to submit a new application from scratch or can i just provide another reference?
Please if someone knows let me know asap. Thanks in advance

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi, i have few questions. I sent my application today with express mail but because its weekend it will arrive Tuesday (June 25th). After i sent it, one of my references told me that he's gonna be traveling out of the country on July 11th so 15 days after my application is delivered, my question is when are the references usually contacted like how far in the process. And my next question is if they dont catch him, will i have to submit a new application from scratch or can i just provide another reference?
Please if someone knows let me know asap. Thanks in advance
Hi there, I have submitted my application in person last week, I have asked the officer who took my application about calling references. He said it’s rare to call but mostly they call guarantor sometimes. Plus if u have mentioned reference email, if they cannot find him in phone they generally email them. Or contract you with further action so noting to worry just relax. Process take about 4-6 weeks as you applied by post. In person take about 9 days but have to collect and if you want they to send you then 20 days. Remember working days. Good luck!

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi. I just have a question. How long did it take you to get your RTD?
Depends on how you applied, Mail more than a month now and in person 9 working day but have to collect in person and extra $20 and if you want them to mail then it’s 20 working days. I have submitted my application last week in person. Which only can be done in Gatineau, Quebec.

Husam123456

Apr 11, 2018
Hello
I am PR in Canada since 8 months. I enter canada under Private Sponser refugee.
My question
Can I travel outside canada (I have RTD)? Is it effect the people who sponser me or my status in canada?
Please give me clear answer? Without recommendation:)

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello
I am PR in Canada since 8 months. I enter canada under Private Sponser refugee.
My question
Can I travel outside canada (I have RTD)? Is it effect the people who sponser me or my status in canada?
Please give me clear answer? Without recommendation:)
Yes you can travel, and no it will not affect anyone.

Suleyman123

Jan 18, 2018
Hi guys, I need your quick advise.

I applied for travel document back in May 20, but my application was returned as it was incomplete. I booked a ticket already to see my father who is sick for July 10th. I resent my application for processing and included a letter of explanation as I needed an urgent processing. I also included my proof of travel. My application was received on July 12th, but I have since called CIC call centre agents over 5-6 times to inquire about my application, but their response was always the same - “We cant see your file in the system”. I have sent them a letter through Fax twice to ask about my application, but no response. I cant really go to Gatineau in person for financial reasons (I live in BC). My question is what else can I do to communicate with them to ask about my application and why they have not entered it i to the system yet. I am thinking of sending someone (my friend) to the office to see whats going on. Of course, I will fill in the use of a representative form. But even then, I dont know if it at all helps. Thanks for everyone

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi Guys per your experience, what is the fastest and easiest visa process for these countries, I have RTD, either france, spain, italy, applying from toronto, not yet a PR

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Maybe you can call this number ‭+1 (819) 997-1716‬. This number is directly from their office in Gatineau. My application was taking more than usual and when I emailed IRCC, I received a call from this number and they told me they started processing my application. Then I received my RTD in 2 days.

I applied for travel document back in May 20, but my application was returned as it was incomplete. I booked a ticket already to see my father who is sick for July 10th. I resent my application for processing and included a letter of explanation as I needed an urgent processing. I also included my proof of travel. My application was received on July 12th, but I have since called CIC call centre agents over 5-6 times to inquire about my application, but their response was always the same - “We cant see your file in the system”. I have sent them a letter through Fax twice to ask about my application, but no response. I cant really go to Gatineau in person for financial reasons (I live in BC). My question is what else can I do to communicate with them to ask about my application and why they have not entered it i to the system yet. I am thinking of sending someone (my friend) to the office to see whats going on. Of course, I will fill in the use of a representative form. But even then, I dont know if it at all helps. Thanks for everyone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Is there an option to send the application expresspost with tracker and signature.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys per your experience, what is the fastest and easiest visa process for these countries, I have RTD, either france, spain, italy, applying from toronto, not yet a PR
What country are going to or you want to go to? Getting a visa is pretty similar for all of these countries and it is more dependent on how established you are in Canada like whether you have a job and savings.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi friends,a quick question,im a protecet person in canada,i just apply for travel document,my question is,can i get usa visa with travel document as i am iranian?you may know the trave ban against iranian citizen, i got usa visa about 4years ago before president trump with my back home passport,can i get visa wth the travel document now?