+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Did anyone travel to Dominican Republic using RTD (No PR). Or anyone has information as to whether visa is required?

Thanks

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
yes Sir , you have to summit the notice of seizure.

Hello there can somebody letme knw whether for RTD application we need to submit the notice of seizure for my country passport?? Is it mandatory to submit along with the application or can it be skipped??

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hey,
I know that Germany requires no visa for RTD holders. So my friend told me that once he landed in Germany, he was given a Schengen visa at the airport meaning he could go to other European countries after have landed in Germany and was given the visa. How accurate is this information?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hey,
I know that Germany requires no visa for RTD holders. So my friend told me that once he landed in Germany, he was given a Schengen visa at the airport meaning he could go to other European countries after have landed in Germany and was given the visa. How accurate is this information?
It's not a visa , just a stamp ... Only valid in Germany .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the high number of asylum seekers they now do many more border checks so you can't count on arriving Germany and then traveling around Europe which was possible before. Not a good idea to enter other countries without a visa if you are just traveling on an RTD.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Given the high number of asylum seekers they now do many more border checks so you can't count on arriving Germany and then traveling around Europe which was possible before. Not a good idea to enter other countries without a visa if you are just traveling on an RTD.
Theoretically possible (a simple bus or train ticket, and we move to another country on the German border, there is theoretically no control in the Schengen area), but officially illegal if we have a travel document Canadian refugee, and no schengen visa (just a stamp) ... it's very dangerous to do that. It is an legal offense = serious risk of refusing Canadian citizenship in the future when you apply ....

I had been refused a Neteherland ( Holland ) Schengen visa two years ago ... I was content with a plan b in Germany, I never exceeded the borders of Germany ... The best thing that I had done was to get the plane tickets direct to and from Frankfort ! ...

Always do that. (precaution), and provide a spare part of travel in Germany, see in slovenia, croatia, hungaria , or slovakia (no visa for these countries too , but forget the bus or train in departure from germany , take a plane to have new stamps for other country ... dont worry about prices : domestics flys in europe are very very cheaps ).

But the first initial fly must be direct to frankfurt since Canada , very important. All consulates in the Schengen area ask for a ticket already booked, and this ticket can not be refunded ... It is therefore a risk to book directly for the Schengen country for which you need a visa.

** Sorry for mistakes , guys , i use google translator . **

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafffff