+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

HL123

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
I applied RTD in July 2022. They told me application approved but it’s still in queue to be printed. I have been waiting for nearly two months but still nothing. I don’t know if I should reapply it.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I applied RTD in July 2022. They told me application approved but it’s still in queue to be printed. I have been waiting for nearly two months but still nothing. I don’t know if I should reapply it.
They told me the same 2 months ago , it’s in printing stage and I call them after that.
Again twice ! they told me it’s in progress. So it’s changed from printing to progress again
No Trust to those people at all

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
They told me the same 2 months ago , it’s in printing stage and I call them after that.
Again twice ! they told me it’s in progress. So it’s changed from printing to progress again
No Trust to those people at all
Hi

You guys are not listening to us. I/we was there as you ! "Stuck to printing session or in process" but nothing was happening.
Guess what, i reapplied and after 3 weeks i got my RTD.

HL123

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hi

You guys are not listening to us. I/we was there as you ! "Stuck to printing session or in process" but nothing was happening.
Guess what, i reapplied and after 3 weeks i got my RTD.
Did you withdraw your first application and get refund before you reapply?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Did you withdraw your first application and get refund before you reapply?
I did withdraw yes...
But the refund... you know immigration with our money ! It means business.

I never got my money back. But after a year of waiting and now i paid for the new one. Yes it pain but as i will travel to see friends and family. (Time is short) i am okey with that.
P.s : you need to withdraw the actual demande wait for 1 week or get the confirmation by telephone and apply. (Protect your mental health with this long waiting process)

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I did withdraw yes...
But the refund... you know immigration with our money ! It means business.

I never got my money back. But after a year of waiting and now i paid for the new one. Yes it pain but as i will travel to see friends and family. (Time is short) i am okey with that.
P.s : you need to withdraw the actual demande wait for 1 week or get the confirmation by telephone and apply. (Protect your mental health with this long waiting process)

How to withdraw? I m waiting 1 year 8 months. Which address did you send again? How you got in 3 weeks did you mention any urgency?

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Did anyone travel back to Canada from any Asian countries with RTD but still awaiting PR? I flew to Singapore from Montreal on 3rd September and then to Bangkok from Singapore on 9th September. No questions asked by Emirates at Montreal Airport. They didn't even look for my e-visas and gave me the boarding passes all the way to Singapore. I thought they might check in Dubai but nope. All went smooth till Singapore. At Singapore immigration, they asked for my PR. Went for the secondary verification which didn't last for more than 5 minutes. I said I applied but don't have it yet. They asked if I have my residency proof in Canada. Just told them with confidence, "yes I have multiple proofs." Then gave them my Quebec Driver's License and Healthcare Card. They let me in. When leaving from Singapore for Thailand, the budget airline 'Scoot' made my life even more difficult. The representative at the desk said she has never seen this type of passport and it took 2.5 hours for them to verify with Thai Embassy if I can be allowed in Thailand. I had to literary run with my old parents to the gate which was far away from the boarding counter as I couldn't afford to pay for another flight. It caused health issues to my dad. At Bangkok Airport, it was a charm. The immigration officer was probably talking to her boyfriend or someone with her earphones. Just saw my RTD, guided me for the arrival fingerprints, stamped my RTD and the gate to Thailand was opened to me. Took maximum 2 minutes for her to let me enter Thailand. Anyway, I'm coming back soon with Emirates but different portals giving different information. If anyone traveled back to Canada with RTD and never had a PR card, please let me know how it was. More the days are passing by and getting closer to my return date, getting more worried. Spending sleepless nights. Thanks in advance!!!
How did you applied your visa for singapore and thailan? Can u please guide?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello there

which address should we send our application? are there another options than on the form?
i saw some people send to gatineau office.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
How to withdraw? I m waiting 1 year 8 months. Which address did you send again? How you got in 3 weeks did you mention any urgency?
Hi
It is very easy.
You can type or write it using a pen but you need to sign at the end.
Name and surname, date of birth, uic number, and for the subject.
And 3 to 5 lignes of explaining the raison of your withdrawal. The date of your application and the waiting period.
Send it via post canada and if you can ! Via fax too.
Be careful, you need to be specific of the subjet and on the message as you might be on the process of PR.
Wait for 3 days to one week and send a new demande with a new paiement/ photo.

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi
It is very easy.
You can type or write it using a pen but you need to sign at the end.
Name and surname, date of birth, uic number, and for the subject.
And 3 to 5 lignes of explaining the raison of your withdrawal. The date of your application and the waiting period.
Send it via post canada and if you can ! Via fax too.
Be careful, you need to be specific of the subjet and on the message as you might be on the process of PR.
Wait for 3 days to one week and send a new demande with a new paiement/ photo.
Which address did you send?
Withdrawl and new application

mian1112

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,
Please read my thread on the top of this page. I'm currently in Thailand with RTD and no PR.

Please don't try to apply for Singapore Visa unless you wanna take the risk. Mine was rejected once for not able to send them my Canadian PR and then when did it through the Consulate in Toronto 2nd time, just 5 days before the trip(because already had my non-refundable trip), it was approved. Then at the time of entry in Singapore, I had to go through the second inspection because I said no to PR when asked but it's a huge headache. The immigration officer may or may not allow to enter. They let me enter because they saw that my parents came up from my home country and they cleared the immigration before me and were waiting for me after the immigration like helpless. The officer asked me if they are my parents and then gave me the entry being very kind so my parents don't experience any problem.

Malaysia already said no without PR before applying for the visa.

Only Thailand is the country that didn't give me any hard time. I'll advise you to apply for a Thai E-Visa online and traveling to Thailand will not be a problem with Emirates as I did. You just can't seek entry in Dubai but up to 24 hours maximum layover is fine. I also enquired with Qatar Airways directly by walking to a check-in desk at Montreal Airport. They said the same thing. No problem transiting through Doha. For Turkish Airline's, I heard they need a sticker visa to the country you are going to and also make trouble on the way back if you don't have a PR from Canada which is foolish. I maybe wrong but I read this in a few threads. Also, I got a sticker visa from the Embassy of Laos. Had to send my passport to Washington DC by DHL and ended up not going to Laos. Did that just in case Emirates don't allow me to board their plane at Montreal but they didn't even check my Singapore or Thailand visa. Just treated me like one of the passengers and it was an easy check-in. So, it was so unnecessary to apply for a visa to Laos.

I'm still in Thailand and will update more when I'm able to board my flight with Emirates back to Canada and hopefully they won't ask for my PR.

Important Note: Not only UAE but none of the Gulf countries including Qatar will allow you to apply for a visa or seek entry. Only layover(less than 24h).
I am traveling to Thailand next week with lufthansa , what's the questions Thailand immigration asked from you?