+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm going to Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong in September 2023. I won my case in February 2023. I applied for RTD right after I receive my Notice of Decision. I got my RTD in just 20 days. Already applied for PR but didn't receive it yet. I read somewhere, Turkish Airlines didn't allow someone to board the flight in Canada because the person traveling with RTD had an e-visa. They told him that only a sticker visa is accepted.

I have applied for Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong e-visas with my RTD and received them within a few days. I'm flying with Emirates with a transit in Dubai for 3 hours approximately. I got to know that I can transit via any Gulf country but can't seek entry which is absolutely okay. In these countries where I'm going to have no option for sticker visas. Will I still be allowed to fly with Emirates?

How about coming back to Canada without PR? My return flight is from Thailand with the same airline.

Thanks a lot for reading my long story. Looking forward to hearing from people who traveled with RTD to one or more of those Asian countries and came back without any problem.

Thank you all...

Reactions: nigah66

Moe_2023

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm going to Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong in September 2023. I won my case in February 2023. I applied for RTD right after I receive my Notice of Decision. I got my RTD in just 20 days. Already applied for PR but didn't receive it yet. I read somewhere, Turkish Airlines didn't allow someone to board the flight in Canada because the person traveling with RTD had an e-visa. They told him that only a sticker visa is accepted.

I have applied for Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong e-visas with my RTD and received them within a few days. I'm flying with Emirates with a transit in Dubai for 3 hours approximately. I got to know that I can transit via any Gulf country but can't seek entry which is absolutely okay. In these countries where I'm going to have no option for sticker visas. Will I still be allowed to fly with Emirates?

How about coming back to Canada without PR? My return flight is from Thailand with the same airline.

Thanks a lot for reading my long story. Looking forward to hearing from people who traveled with RTD to one or more of those Asian countries and came back without any problem.

Thank you all...
How did you get your RTD in just 20 days?

whatliesbeneath

Jun 14, 2023
one of my friends got within 8 business day. its unfair
I really have nothing to say... I did everything I can, wrote about 15 times that my situation was urgent, I went to MP's office etc. All they say "your application is in process" I asked for ATIP and all they sent was my photo and a letter that I wrote on May 2023...