+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Sar2020

Mar 6, 2020
Hi ,
I applied for RTD back in February ,2023 and today I found a notice from canada post that I have delivery for pick up. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to access my mail for more that 15 days and I missed it , when I called canada post they advised the sender was from passport center . Does any one know what I should do next ? Who to call ? And if there is any ETA to this process ?

Thank you,

AlizEbg

Apr 13, 2015
Hi. My partner applied for RTD in Nov 2021. In Aug 2022, the officer called her and asked about a guarantor and also to resubmit the photos. Then nothing happened until November 2022 where through the webform we contacted them, and they flagged the application as urgent. Again, nothing happened, and we contacted them again in March 2023 and this time we sent them our flight tickets and received a response that it is flagged as urgent (again!). Again, we anxiously were waiting and since time was of the essence, we sent another webform to follow up and received the same answer. We talked to our MP office just few days before the strike began and our MP office said they have a regular meeting with the immigration, got all my partner's information and mentioned that their next meeting is on Fri, April 21st. So, I am assuming they had their talk about her case on that day (not sure if strike could have affected that or not). We are getting nervous everyday as this trip is not only for family visit but to also get married (in Europe). We leave in 3 weeks and some of our reservations must be cancelled in 10 days if she does not receive her RTD. Can you guys provide us with some sort of insight of what is going to happen and what should we expect? Hopefully not the worst case :( Thanks in advance.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I applied for a RTD on May 13. Application was rejected because my guarantor was not accepted. An agent from IRCC called me to say that he was almost done completing my application and asked to upload the new guarantor with the link that he sent to my email. New guarantor uploaded on April 18. RTD received april 27th non urgent.
It took almost a year?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I applied for a RTD on May 13. Application was rejected because my guarantor was not accepted. An agent from IRCC called me to say that he was almost done completing my application and asked to upload the new guarantor with the link that he sent to my email. New guarantor uploaded on April 18. RTD received april 27th non urgent.
This your post is miss leading, are you talking about may, April 2021,2022 or 2023.

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
I applied for a RTD on March 13 2023 Application was rejected because my guarantor was not accepted. An agent from IRCC called me to say that he was almost done completing my application and asked to upload the new guarantor with the link that he sent to my email. New guarantor uploaded on April 18. RTD received april 27th 2023.non urgent.

Last edited:
Reactions: betterlife999

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi guys , I want to apply rtd, I have received my ecopr and I will apply with my ecopr, two year ago when I applied I received two years validity rtd. Now I have a question . If I apply with just ecopr will they issue a five year validity rtd or two years ?
Rtd application with just ecopr a five years rtd is issued or two years please reply if some has the information about , share your experience thanks

Reactions: betterlife999

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
I applied for a RTD on May 13 2023 Application was rejected because my guarantor was not accepted. An agent from IRCC called me to say that he was almost done completing my application and asked to upload the new guarantor with the link that he sent to my email. New guarantor uploaded on April 18. RTD received april 27th 2023.non urgent.

Last edited:

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Rtd application with just ecopr a five years rtd is issued or two years please reply if some has the information about , share your experience thanks
I have similar question.
Bcz I already applied RTD 24 March 2022
Still waiting
I got eCOPR 18 April 2023

I already sent webform informing abt my eCOPR

Does anybody has similar experience ?

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
My question about RTD validity, I added my application irb notice of decision letter, in this case RTD validity how many years?

Ezzo90

Jan 12, 2019
I applied for a Travel Document back in April 2022 and until now I have not received it. I have sent like 30 webforms explaining the urgency and still have not received it. My local MP has checked with immigration and they were told that they have my full application and it has been marked urgent since November 2022 but not still processed. I am going to go crazy I have my flight coming in June and I have sent the ticket and everything to them yet no answer.
I have noticed in other threads people saying they applied in March 2023 and received their RTD in April 2023 without urgency.
Shall I re-apply again or if anyone has any insight on what to do?
I am feeling hopeless
Thanks

Osiro17

May 5, 2023
Good day House. Pls I have 2 kids(minors), both US Citizens. When I filed for our refugee claims, all our passports (I had a Nigerian passport while both kids hold American passports) were seized as per RPD procedure. Now I am a protected person because my claim was accepted while theirs was not. I have just submitted a PR application in which I included them as applicants. The issue now is that I want to travel to the UK with my kids for a few days this summer and I need to apply for a Refugee Travel document like I was told. But my question is, how can I travel with my kids? Can I apply for the same travel document for them even though they are not protected persons? If not, which travel documents can they use since their passports are still in the possession of RPD. Thanks in advance for your replies.

AlizEbg

Apr 13, 2015
I applied for a Travel Document back in April 2022 and until now I have not received it. I have sent like 30 webforms explaining the urgency and still have not received it. My local MP has checked with immigration and they were told that they have my full application and it has been marked urgent since November 2022 but not still processed. I am going to go crazy I have my flight coming in June and I have sent the ticket and everything to them yet no answer.
I have noticed in other threads people saying they applied in March 2023 and received their RTD in April 2023 without urgency.
Shall I re-apply again or if anyone has any insight on what to do?
I am feeling hopeless
Thanks
Read my post just few posts above yours. It may give you some hope that my partner applied in November 2021 and our flight is in two weeks and still have not received it. Today, they called her and told her that one of her references did not reply!! That reference is not her reference anymore as we updated it in April 2023 when an agent called her asking for references. It is quite bizarre that they do not even follow their notes.
One other disappointing fact with this forum is that most people only ask their own questions without reacting to other people questions. There are many unanswered posts here!

Reactions: Ezzo90