+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

causeoflife

Jan 29, 2023
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help

Reactions: Jsdhanjal21

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hey fellas, probably you've answered this many times but i wasn't able to find the answer in forum, I'm applying and am a pr through protected person, application had 2 different amount of payment for RTD and certificate od identity so as I'm a pr through protected person should I include 120$ payment per person in application or 260? Thanks.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hey fellas, probably you've answered this many times but i wasn't able to find the answer in forum, I'm applying and am a pr through protected person, application had 2 different amount of payment for RTD and certificate od identity so as I'm a pr through protected person should I include 120$ payment per person in application or 260? Thanks.
You are eligible to apply for a RTD which cost $120. Hope this helps?

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Urgent question please. RTD / No PR, can I travel from Germany to Austria by train/bus without a Schengen visa?
Edit: IATA website says no need for a visa but a post on here from 2020 says a visa is required!

Last edited:

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I forgot to add copy of my old passport
What should I do ?
send It by mail or wait when they will ask fit it ?
Thanks

Mswati

Mar 20, 2021
Good news!!!!!

I called IRCC today and the agent informed me that my travel document has been dispatched to Canada post and they gave me the tracking number.
I applied for it on March 31st 2022
Took 10.5 months
I called agents a couple times to ask them to make it urgent.
Finally this stress is over
I did not get any email or epost request.
I hope to receive it in mail soon.
Can I use it to apply for visa at usa embassy?

alidw

Aug 28, 2022
Good news!!!!!

I called IRCC today and the agent informed me that my travel document has been dispatched to Canada post and they gave me the tracking number.
I applied for it on March 31st 2022
Took 10.5 months
I called agents a couple times to ask them to make it urgent.
Finally this stress is over
I did not get any email or epost request.
I hope to receive it in mail soon.
Can I use it to apply for visa at usa embassy?
How did you get hold of them? When i call the IRCC number and i select the RTD, i get stupid automatic voicemail that basically tells me to hangup.

I applied March 3rd and still have no idea on what's going on with my application. How did you make an urgent request?

Mswati

Mar 20, 2021
How did you get hold of them? When i call the IRCC number and i select the RTD, i get stupid automatic voicemail that basically tells me to hangup.

I applied March 3rd and still have no idea on what's going on with my application. How did you make an urgent request?
Hey there whenever you call them dont pick option one the pick 2 that you dont have UCI.
After picking 2 as soon as the lady starting talking quickly press 310.
Try as many times as possible mostly early morning 8.30am before they get busy and you will definitely get a hold of them.
They will ask you if you want to leave your number so they call you back I always pick that option its easier that waiting for 30 minutes plus.

Reactions: alidw

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Guys
What do I do , stupid me, forget to put old copy of my old passport to package for RTD
Should I wait or send additional mail ?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help
Assume you have already figured this out but you must contact CBSA. Assume you realize that you risk losing your protected person status by returning to your home country.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys, can I travel to London without a visa and what’s the processing time for the travel documents now ? Is it possible to get it before June ?