+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello. I am a Turkish citizen. I do not have Turkish passport but I hold my Turkish ID. I also have RTD without PR. normally Turkish citizen can enter just with passport. I contacted with their embassy and they told me this.
(((( we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021. )))))

So when I checked on IATA it shows I need a visa. I already booked flight tickets. I really do not which info is accurate. do you think they will ask visa at the border?
You can‘t use your Turkish ID, Turkish citizenship, Turkish passport to enter a country as protected person from Turkey. You must find out if you can enter a country a protected person from Canada with a refugee travel document (RTD). It looks like you need to apply for a visa and must submit your protected person approval and RTD. You can not use any documentation related to your Turkish citizenship. If you are trying to visit Northern Cyprus and you received asylum from Turkey, Turkey considers Northern Cyprus as a territory of Turkey so it wouldn’t be advisable partially because it may not be safe for you to visit.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
hello. I am a Turkish citizen. I do not have Turkish passport but I hold my Turkish ID. I also have RTD without PR. normally Turkish citizen can enter just with passport. I contacted with their embassy and they told me this.
(((( we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021. )))))

So when I checked on IATA it shows I need a visa. I already booked flight tickets. I really do not which info is accurate. do you think they will ask visa at the border?
if you try to enter your country with RTD they can detain you and keep you there and Canada can't help you so don't try to travel to your own country using RTD...

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
if you try to enter your country with RTD they can detain you and keep you there and Canada can't help you so don't try to travel to your own country using RTD...
who says I want to enter Turkey ? where did u see this question here ? why would I go and try to enter ?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Do any of you have the phone number to contact immigration to get information about the travel Document. Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
who says I want to enter Turkey ? where did u see this question here ? why would I go and try to enter ?
Your post was all about entry to Turkish with RTD while you are Turkish Citizen. Fair to conclude you were asking about entry to Turkey

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Your post was all about entry to Turkish with RTD while you are Turkish Citizen. Fair to conclude you were asking about entry to Turkey

if you go up and read the other messages that I asked you are going to see that I was trying to get information about ALBANIA with TRAVEL DOCUMENT. I do not know why would I ask a question like this ? try to be make sense

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
if you go up and read the other messages that I asked you are going to see that I was trying to get information about ALBANIA with TRAVEL DOCUMENT. I do not know why would I ask a question like this ? try to be make sense
You could simply add a sentence, Turkish Citizen looking to travel to Albania to avoid any confusion. I've seen the other post about Albania, but usually we reply on specific post, very few will connect dots with previous posts. But its all alright now.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
You could simply add a sentence, Turkish Citizen looking to travel to Albania to avoid any confusion. I've seen the other post about Albania, but usually we reply on specific post, very few will connect dots with previous posts. But its all alright now.
sorry about that then. but I already asked that question. I thought its fine to response the answers.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
sorry about that then. but I already asked that question. I thought its fine to response the answers.
On traveldoc website, you need visa to visit Albania with Travel Document. Last way to confirm is to call airline to validate before last day.

Canada - CAN
Albania - ALB| January 11, 2023
cancelYou are not clear to board this flight. Please check the messages below.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
On traveldoc website, you need visa to visit Albania with Travel Document. Last way to confirm is to call airline to validate before last day.

Canada - CAN
Albania - ALB| January 11, 2023
cancelYou are not clear to board this flight. Please check the messages below.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
thank you. I called the consulate again. they asked my origin and I told them. they gave me same response that I do not need a visa. but she said she will check with minister of affairs. I called Lufthansa and they told me they cannot give me any advice for visa. my flight is this coming Saturday.

gulfamurooj

Dec 20, 2022
I have applied for RTd a month ago and now I got a letter from ircc that my pics are too dark for RTD and send new pics back with in a month so now it means that I will get my RTd soon

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
While applying for RTD, IRCC has to tell why we are applying for RTD and where and why we want to go. My wife is protected person and I'm living in dubai.