+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

yusef48

Dec 24, 2022
Hi guys I applied traveling document back in August it was urgent I've send webforms,call the ircc nd no response please advice

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Hello Everyone, i got my RTD today. i applied in September 2022, applied for urgent, didn't work, sent many webforms no luck. I did something above their power and my RTD was issued and sent to me today via a private and special delivery. Good luck everyone

Reactions: Sphinx13

Homie20

Jun 23, 2021
Hello Everyone, i got my RTD today. i applied in September 2022, applied for urgent, didn't work, sent many webforms no luck. I did something above their power and my RTD was issued and sent to me today via a private and special delivery. Good luck everyone
Hey please tell me what you did to expedite the process

Reactions: shafel

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Have you checked with Macedonia and Albania about whether they require a visa or accept an RTD? You can’t use your Turkish passport so although your admission depends on your citizenship it mostly has to do with whether the country accepts an RTD as proof of identify vs a passport.
hello. I am a Turkish citizen. I do not have Turkish passport but I hold my Turkish ID. I also have RTD without PR. normally Turkish citizen can enter just with passport. I contacted with their embassy and they told me this.
(((( we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021. )))))

So when I checked on IATA it shows I need a visa. I already booked flight tickets. I really do not which info is accurate. do you think they will ask visa at the border?

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
You do not need visa to Mexico with your Canadian RTD. I went there at least 10 times in the past 4 years, so book your trip and go :)
Also, you don’t need it for Cuba, Bermuda, and Dominican Republic - 100% confirmed as I have travelled there before with my RTD.

In addition to that, there are a few European countries in the Schengen zone that waive a visa requirement for the RTD holders - Germany is one of them. 100% confirmed. Also, Italy has recently joined this list - I have applied for the visa to Italy, but they closed my application and said I no longer need a Schengen visa if I’m a RTD holder. Those are the countries I can speak for.
But there are more - I’ve heard Slovenia, Slovakia, and Hungry are in that list too, but I would double check with their embassies just in case.
hello. I am just wondering is every info accurate or correct on IATA since I booked my flight to Albania and talked with their embassy. they say I do not need visa but it says I require to have a valid visa on IATA. I am so scared and do not know what to do

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
HELLO ALL, i saw the below on Italy Consulate website. How true is this?

Note: Holders of a blue Canadian Travel Document (convention of July 28, 1951) do not need visa to enter Italy for transit/and or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days).

Reactions: Sphinx13

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
italy and Germany is visa free

Note: Holders of a blue Canadian Travel Document (convention of July 28, 1951) do not need visa to enter Italy for transit/and or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days).

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

Yes, the iata tool confirm it :

Type: Ok
Summary
Yes
, the documentation you hold is sufficient based on your details and the itinerary provided.

You can check by yourself here :

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
How did you apply for RTD can you guide me the process

Sphinx13

Mar 15, 2020
Hi I just messaged you privately, can you please tell me process.