+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Kamli

Feb 5, 2022
Hello friends I have a question.. plz help.. i got my copr and i am waiting for my pr card.. can i travel with my copr and come back with that..

ruhgyu

Jan 31, 2022
hi,
I have PR and I have 5 year RTD
anyone knows if these countries are visa free?
Portugal
Spain
France
Hungary

I am thinking of a Europe trip but the visa wait times are so long, if I enter through Italy (as it is visa free) can I France and Spain by train or something without getting in trouble? has anyone tried it? what's the worst that could happen?

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
It's highly frustrating. What can I do about this?
Hi. I've applied by mail on January 5, 2022.
I asked for urgent processing by webform and on April 8, 2022 I got an email from IRCC that my urgent application is in processing. It is almost 6 months I am waiting for my document. :(

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
If you received a call from the agent then they will process it, I did the same steps as you (except I had a guarantor), when the agent called me I had already received my epost link (look in your junk mail) once I scanned and submitted ALL document + fee receipt using epost connect I received my passport in a bit less than 2 weeks. So be hopeful and scan and send you docs asap. Good luck
Here is my timeline:
May 10: sent webform online request for urgent RTD
May 11: received email saying that my request is approved and sent to RTD responsible office
May 12: I received a call from agent, she told me that she will send me an econnect link and that I can scan all the documents and attach them using epost connect
May 28: i sent all document using epost connect
May 31: I see that IRCC opened the msg I sent
June 9: i received RTD
I just submitted my documents via e-post, i hope it doesn't take too long as i didn't have a guarantor.

Did you happen to have any valid travelling document at the time? such a passport from your home country, or anything of sort? as It states you have to send them those documents as well?

"
Once you have completed your application submission via ePost Connect you must return any valid Canadian travel document issued in the applicant?s name in the last 5 years or valid foreign travel document/national passport before the new Refugee Travel Document or Certificate of Identity can be released. - If you are returning your travel document/national passport by regular mail make sure to mark the package with ?EPOST? so we can easily find it. By regular mail:
OSC PPT-COI (ePost)
PO Box 8783 STB T CSC
Ottawa, ON, K1G 5G8"

From the looks of it, i might have to send my home country passport to them that is still valid or else they might not send the RTD

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I just submitted my documents via e-post, i hope it doesn't take too long as i didn't have a guarantor.

Did you happen to have any valid travelling document at the time? such a passport from your home country, or anything of sort? as It states you have to send them those documents as well?

"
Once you have completed your application submission via ePost Connect you must return any valid Canadian travel document issued in the applicant?s name in the last 5 years or valid foreign travel document/national passport before the new Refugee Travel Document or Certificate of Identity can be released. - If you are returning your travel document/national passport by regular mail make sure to mark the package with ?EPOST? so we can easily find it. By regular mail:
OSC PPT-COI (ePost)
PO Box 8783 STB T CSC
Ottawa, ON, K1G 5G8"

From the looks of it, i might have to send my home country passport to them that is still valid or else they might not send the RTD
Sorry I cant help you, I personally didnt have any valide documents to send back

HL123

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
I sent in the webform yesterday (2022-06-22) with proof of travel, itinerary flying on the date (2022-07-20), and stated that someone in my family is sick and that I need to travel. I received a call from an immigration officer stating that I'll be sent an e-post link on monday (2022-06-27) and that i need to upload all my documents there.

I couldn't find a suitable guarantor for my RTD, so i had to fill out the "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form and get an oath commissioner to to verify and sign all my documents. I had to add 2 extra references to my form as well, this could possibly delay it further, i hope not..

Webform sent: June 22, 2022
Received Email / Call: June 23, 2022

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes, and if i get my RTD in time, There's around 4 weeks until my flight date.
Hello,
May I ask how you get pptc326 in lieu of guarantor form? It’s not available at passport canada office. Thank you.

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
Hello,
May I ask how you get pptc326 in lieu of guarantor form? It’s not available at passport canada office. Thank you.
My sister had an appointment with the passport office here in Montreal and i asked her to pick up one for me, but at the same time i found one online, if you want i'll send you it!

Last edited:

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I have a question, I am traveling to US and on my previous trips to US they always stopped me and sent me to an office before going to the boarding area (Here in Canada) in this office they check something (not sure what) and they let me continue with my trip. First time this happened I asked and they said this will always happen until I get my Canadian citizenship. My question now is, have any of you travel to the US on a saturday or sunday in the morning, I just want to know if this times and dates will delay my stay in that office since it is not regular office hours out of the airport and I know they call for verifications when I am in that office waiting.

Thank you

nonameatall

Jun 20, 2022
Hi guys,
Any advice?
My application was received on March12, 2022. I got this respond from IRCC today.
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and your application is not available in our system at this time. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

What should I do? I have sent it 4 months ago. Is it possible to not in the system yet? or they lost my application?

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
@Ghess23

IRCC Just viewed my documents that i submitted via e-post on the 29, so let's pray the processing is as fast as yours! Hoping to receive my RTD with in the next two weeks if possible.

Did you wait between may 12 and may 28 to submit documents as i see there's a gap, what's the reason to that?

Reactions: Ghess23