+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

barcelona10

Apr 6, 2017
Hi Dears;
I hope someone can guide me
My application was delivered to Gatineau office on November 16th with valid reason to expedite my RTD. Today, I check my account and saw that the fees was transferred.

Does it mean an officer is working in my application ?

Who long should I expect the process will take?

Any guidance will be appreciated!

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi Dears;
I hope someone can guide me
My application was delivered to Gatineau office on November 16th with valid reason to expedite my RTD. Today, I check my account and saw that the fees was transferred.

Does it mean an officer is working in my application ?

Who long should I expect the process will take?

Any guidance will be appreciated!
Yes , it takes 5 weeks to get RTD With approved urgent reason

Reactions: barcelona10

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Is there a way to confirm if my application is being processed ?
Is there an email message I should expect to receive from Passport office regarding my application?

Any feedback will helpful
Thank you
Unfortunately, NO. But if they consider your matter urgent they will give you call to provide medical reason. That will the only confirmation. I hope you provided all the urgency documents. Best of luck

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, a friend lost his travel document and some other docs while abroad. What he has to do? There is no embassy or consulate in that country, but there is VAC. What is your advice?

Reactions: adbcca

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Good news, friends,

It seems that the etias electronic visa for the Schengen area, which was initially scheduled for January 1, 2021, has finally been postponed until ... the end of 2022! (Probably because of covid which upset all their logistics plans to install this system common to all the countries of the Schengen area).

Here is the source of the news:

https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements/canadians

This is good news for Canadian Blue RTD owners:

This means additional time to access Europe via Germany with Canadian travel documents (I really advise, given the current global circumstances, to leave Canada only in case of ABSOLUTE AND URGENT necessity.

If you don't have an emergency, quietly wait for your Canadian citizenship).

But it is also good news for those with a pending application for Canadian citizenship, especially with the recent resumption of online tests (This is especially a good thing because the European electronic visa for the area Schengen Ethias even concerns holders of a regular Canadian passport).

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi everyone, I am planning to travel to Austria/Germany do I need visa with an RTD?
Germany no need visa and Austria yes u need visa