+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
P

Please I am in same position right now in Ghana airport the ask me to apply for PR travel documents is
Did you check that the RTD would be accepted in Ghana and any transit country? If you have you only option is to reach out to Canadian consular affairs in West Africa and ask for hep/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need your help here . I am a protected person I have applied for RTD l. My question is I have got a job in one organization with a contract 6 months outside Canada in Africa and I believe they don’t require visa to enter with the RTD . Is it possible for me to go and work for six months and come back to Canada . My PR is in process. Pls I need your advance .

Thank you
You should put this as a separate question. I would think not but would love to hear from others.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Guys this is simple.

1.) If you are already landed (you are a P.R) : You need P.R Card when travelling with your RTD.

2.) If you are just a Convention Refugee and not yet landed (You're not yet a P.R) then all you need is your Notice Of Decision.

Elohot

Mar 6, 2018
Tha
Guys this is simple.

1.) If you are already landed (you are a P.R) : You need P.R Card when travelling with your RTD.

2.) If you are just a Convention Refugee and not yet landed (You're not yet a P.R) then all you need is your Notice Of Decision.

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
Good morning guys please I need help right now

I was refused entering flight back to Canada last Saturday, 3rd cos I didn't come with my pr card please I need ur help,Ive missed my flight already, and I have refugee travel document only and my PR card is still in progress .
How did it happen? And if you were refused entering, where are you right now?
As my experience showed me, border officers rarely ask Notice of decision, only in cases if a person's travel and time abroad look suspicious.

Then, if you have your Notice, just ask to send you original to where you are. What is a problem here?

Elohot

Mar 6, 2018
How did it happen? And if you were refused entering, where are you right now?
As my experience showed me, border officers rarely ask Notice of decision, only in cases if a person's travel and time abroad look suspicious.

Then, if you have your Notice, just ask to send you original to where you are. What is a problem here?
Thanks u very much i am still in Ghana west Africa I visited Canadian embassy in Ghana the ask me to apply for PR travel documents is only one entry .
But my I am not a pr I just apply for my PR last year how can I apply travel documents without getting my first PR card.

Elohot

Mar 6, 2018
I
Thanks u very much i am still in Ghana west Africa I visited Canadian embassy in Ghana the ask me to apply for PR travel documents is only one entry .
But my I am not a pr I just apply for my PR last year how can I apply travel documents without getting my first PR card.[/QUOTE
It hapen when I want to bord my flight back to Toronto the Ghana immigration officer at the airport ask me about my PR card and work permit I thold him I don't need work permit to enter Canada that I am a conventional refugee I have my refugee travel document only he sid no way .

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
P

Please I am in same position right now in Ghana airport the ask me to apply for PR travel documents is
Hi man sorry to hear that. What is your nationality man? Coz everyone traveling with RTD is a subject of AIP(advanced passenger information) by the Airlines with CBSA. So if you are a citizen of the neighboring country of Ghana, may be its raising Red Flag to CBSA. Anyway the best option is to contact GHANA embassy where u get the visa from. Tell them that the immigration is not letting you to board the return flight to Canada. Then you will know the exact answer weather the GHANA Immigration refusing you because they are not familiar with RTD or the CBSA not permitting you to return back to Canada. Hope you are ok to return my friend.

Akink

Aug 22, 2017
Hello everyone
I have a question about how to apply Danmark Visa.
Do we need any invitation letter or bank account to provide?
Thx

Jul 18, 2017
Very useful page for RTD interested people.

My question is:

My friend lives in Toronto the family of 5people his last baby is Canadian citizen. And they are protected people and applied for PR (under process) they are Pakistani citizen.

His wife wish to travel Uk to see his brother on his baby birth with my youngest (1yr old)daughter Canadian citizen. They are on welfare and getting child benifits.

UK embassy easily give the visa on RTD? Has someone visited to uk carrying RTD?? Pls comment : Thank you