+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
If i dnt wanna go outside of the airport do i still need a transit visa ??
That is something you should call the Netherland’s Embassy/Consulate to ask to make sure you do not need a Transit Visa (more precisely, Airport Transit Visa). You may need one even if you do not exit the airport. Traveling with RTD, take all the possible situation in mind.

Reactions: Kaisa_18

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hello . Can anyone please reply to this :
Im planning to travel to turkey in two weeks . I have flight and has stay of 17hrs in Amsterdam (netherlands) so will i be allowed to stay 17 hrs in airport or i can go outside ?? Does netherlands accpt RTD ? Please share yr experiences . I will be really thankful to every single one of you .
Keep in mind that if you leave the airport even for few hours you might need to get a new PCR test (in the Netherlands) if you're not fully vaccinated (got the 2nd dose at least 14 days before your arrival in Turkey), and/or you hadn't recovered from Covid19 in the last six months as per Turkey entry requirements

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hello . Can anyone please reply to this :
Im planning to travel to turkey in two weeks . I have flight and has stay of 17hrs in Amsterdam (netherlands) so will i be allowed to stay 17 hrs in airport or i can go outside ?? Does netherlands accpt RTD ? Please share yr experiences . I will be really thankful to every single one of you .
If you want to visit Europe change your transit to Germany, 100% you don't need a visa for short stay with RTD. You still need to follow the entry rules for Covid19 in Turkey and Germany.

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
Hello,

It's early yet but I made travel plans for June 2022, however, I've noticed that my travel document expires on August 2022. As I searched, I should renew my travel document but still want to confirm if anyone had a similar experience and is that okay if I apply asap when they resume the service. Also does it make any difference applying in person vs mail?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
if you wanna apply through ePost (for urgent travel) first thing you have to do is sent webform and write your reason for urgent travel and if you have any document which can prove urgency attach it, if you will be considered they will send you ePost link and instructions to apply.
Hi bro , First of all thank you very much for all your help & guidance so far ,, today I received the Epost link from ircc , and I have created the account on it , Now I'll be really grateful if you can explain how to submit the documents and do I need to send the Travel document before submitting documents on Epost. Thanks

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi bro , First of all thank you very much for all your help & guidance so far ,, today I received the Epost link from ircc , and I have created the account on it , Now I'll be really grateful if you can explain how to submit the documents and do I need to send the Travel document before submitting documents on Epost. Thanks
Hello,
For documents you just make photos or scan of each document like application form pages and supporting documents like photo id, status documents and photographs and send them by replying the same message you received in ePost account. Don’t forget to certify documents and pictures from your Guarantor.

As it was my first RTD so i did not send them any thing by mail, I think you have to mark envelope “ePost” and send them tracking information through ePost account.

if you pay your fee $120 online don’t forget to attach receipt in ePost account along with other documents.

@Kaisa_18 kindly corrct where necessary.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello,
For documents you just make photos or scan of each document like application form pages and supporting documents like photo id, status documents and photographs and send them by replying the same message you received in ePost account. Don’t forget to certify documents and pictures from your Guarantor.

As it was my first RTD so i did not send them any thing by mail, I think you have to mark envelope “ePost” and send them tracking information through ePost account.

if you pay your fee $120 online don’t forget to attach receipt in ePost account along with other documents.

@Kaisa_18 kindly corrct where necessary.
Alright, So I scan all the documents with my phone and attach them and submit them in ePost , I also mailed my current Travel document, I hope will get a response soon. Thank you very much for your help.

Reactions: skmcanada

Dorothy111

Oct 1, 2018
Hi there!

Anyone knows if Passport Canada in Ottawa (Gatineau) is already open for public? Do we have to book an appointment or is it still completely closed for in-person visits?

(I’d need to get a document out from them and I’m thinking about going in in-person since I’m living in Ottawa and phone calls are taking forever each time.)

Thank you!!

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Hi there!

Anyone knows if Passport Canada in Ottawa (Gatineau) is already open for public? Do we have to book an appointment or is it still completely closed for in-person visits?

(I’d need to get a document out from them and I’m thinking about going in in-person since I’m living in Ottawa and phone calls are taking forever each time.)

Thank you!!
Not sure but could you please update us when you go there in-person and confirm when normal service will resume. They seems attending to only urgent travelers at the moment.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everyone.. What are document to support identity in RTD?
Please can someone explain the whole procedure to apply.

And what is Certificate of identity?? Can we use refugee ID as Certificate of identity

Gracefied

Jun 23, 2021
Anyone know the fax number of the processing office, sent by epost after getting approval for urgent , I uploaded the docs with the tracking (after sending all the documents by mail in April I made copies for my record)... Travel is next week and I'm getting real worried .... Pls help .. FAX NUMBER OF RTD PROCESSING OFFICE....Thank you.

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Anyone know the fax number of the processing office, sent by epost after getting approval for urgent , I uploaded the docs with the tracking (after sending all the documents by mail in April I made copies for my record)... Travel is next week and I'm getting real worried .... Pls help .. FAX NUMBER OF RTD PROCESSING OFFICE....Thank you.
Send them webform they are really fast will respond in a day or two.