+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT 2021 (NO URGENT)

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I applied for the PR and waiting for Response..
Question is
Should o apply for RTD ? Though there is no urgency but fact is I am mentally upset because I wana meet my family at any 3rd venue..suggestion please
Hi Norijal,
You can apply for the RTD without your PR card, however, you will get a 2 years RTD. If you apply the RTD with you PR card you will get a 5 years RTD. It is up to you to decide what will be the best way to go according to your personal situation. Take into consideration non-urgen RTD are taking a while to be processed. I applied mine in June 2021 and I am still waiting.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Hi Norijal,
You can apply for the RTD without your PR card, however, you will get a 2 years RTD. If you apply the RTD with you PR card you will get a 5 years RTD. It is up to you to decide what will be the best way to go according to your personal situation. Take into consideration non-urgen RTD are taking a while to be processed. I applied mine in June 2021 and I am still waiting.
Wow since June ???!! Have you not called them recently ? Any news if they’re processing non-urgent RTDs? I applied almost 2 weeks ago but I paid online and enclosed the receipt along with the application and everything

Reactions: Refht

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for your response and reply appreciate your knowledge sharing.

now I have few more questions.

1:my sister lives in Denmark and she is under psychiatric treatment since 2015 and I have not met her till date .she met with her doctor and doctor wrote a letter by mentioning my name and said” it would be very positive impact on patient treatment if she meetsWith her brother because she dnt have anyone here in Denmark because patient is facing aggravation and psychological difficulties..

So in that kind of situation we can apply on urgent RTD?

2: we are allowed to travel Denmark on RTD?

3: if yea then should I apply online orbetter to visit Ottawa /Gatineau for in person application?
REGARDS

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for your response and reply appreciate your knowledge sharing.

now I have few more questions.

1:my sister lives in Denmark and she is under psychiatric treatment since 2015 and I have not met her till date .she met with her doctor and doctor wrote a letter by mentioning my name and said” it would be very positive impact on patient treatment if she meetsWith her brother because she dnt have anyone here in Denmark because patient is facing aggravation and psychological difficulties..

So in that kind of situation we can apply on urgent RTD?

2: we are allowed to travel Denmark on RTD?

3: if yea then should I apply online orbetter to visit Ottawa /Gatineau for in person application?
REGARDS
Sorry to hear about your sister's situation

1. Yes that can be valid reason to apply for the urgent processing. Include itinerary to support your travel arrangement
2. Yes but i guess you need visa. Last time i checked, if you hold RTD from EEC, you dont need visa, but Canada was not on the list. Call Danish Embassy for more specific

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Sorry to hear about your sister's situation

1. Yes that can be valid reason to apply for the urgent processing. Include itinerary to support your travel arrangement
2. Yes but i guess you need visa. Last time i checked, if you hold RTD from EEC, you dont need visa, but Canada was not on the list. Call Danish Embassy for more specific
Ok I will call embasyy
One more question
What’s the success ratio of visa on RTD? Ppl get visas or Rtd or embassies simply deny it?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok I will call embasyy
One more question
What’s the success ratio of visa on RTD? Ppl get visas or Rtd or embassies simply deny it?
Success rate is high provided you produce required documents and the fact that you have protected status in Canada…

Reactions: Norijal

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks a lot for your kind help.I have emails to embassies and vfs and will update you as well..

another thing: it’s better to apply Rtd via mail or online?
What about in person application? One of my friend is rcic .he said we ll go to Gatineau directly ..
Does it works ?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Success rate is high provided you produce required documents and the fact that you have protected status in Canada…
I got an email from danish embassy and they asked for visa so first I have to go for TD then will apply for Danish visa..

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello! Have any non-urgent applicant received the Refugee Travel Document. I applied in June 2021, they charged my credit card in October 2021 and I am still waiting for the RTD.

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
I also applied in June. credit card was charged in September. still waiting... same for PR card as well... It is very difficult to understand what they are doing all this time? shouldn't be too difficult to issue a card or travel document...

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello!! Just a quick update. I am still waiting for my RTD. I applied in June 2021. Do any of you received the Travel Document?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I have not applied yet because I do not think anything will happen soon. Seems again they shut down large sector of economy.
So, I am thinking to apply after getting PR because it will be for 5 years, not 2

Reactions: Fpas and Ghess23

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Hi to all,

I have a question, Do we really need to apply for a travel document, if we request the IRCC to release our passport. Why nobody asks for that and they al apply for TRD?

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
Hi to all,

I have a question, Do we really need to apply for a travel document, if we request the IRCC to release our passport. Why nobody asks for that and they al apply for TRD?
You can not use your foreign passport to travel somewhere, as I know if you use your foreign passport to go anywhere, the IRCC considers that you accepted that being under the protection of your foreign country, so that's may cause a big problem when you apply for citizenship. People apply RTD because it's a perfect way to travel somewhere under the protection of Canada and without having a problem during and after the travel.