+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT 2021 (NO URGENT)

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
This thread is for anyone applying for a Refugee Travel Document and it doesn't fall into the "urgent" category. Does anyone has received a travel document this year?

Thank you

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I submitted my application by mail 2 week ago, because someone told me that they are still processing application and they are taking around 2 months. I just want everyone in this situation to share their experiences.

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
I submitted my application by mail 2 week ago, because someone told me that they are still processing application and they are taking around 2 months. I just want everyone in this situation to share their experiences.
I submitted it on June 22, but there is no clue that they process the application, so last week I've talked to an officer and he said they don't process travel documents unless it's urgent. When I applied, I didn't know that they only look for urgent reasons, so I am thinking of sending a new mail about why I need my travel document urgently.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Unless it is urgent, they don't process RTD now

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
I submitted it on June 22, but there is no clue that they process the application, so last week I've talked to an officer and he said they don't process travel documents unless it's urgent. When I applied, I didn't know that they only look for urgent reasons, so I am thinking of sending a new mail about why I need my travel document urgently.
Did officer told you that when they get back to normal processing?(non urgent travel documents)

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
one of my friend call them and told them a reason they asked for his email and told him will send him email and then he can continue his process that way..

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
I haven't received my travel document yet. However, my credit card was charged two weeks ago, so I am assuming they are working on my file. I applied in July 2021
Thank you for your response.
Which office did you send your application?Gatineau, QC or Ottawa?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I applied for the PR and waiting for Response..
Question is
Should o apply for RTD ? Though there is no urgency but fact is I am mentally upset because I wana meet my family at any 3rd venue..suggestion please