+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee outside Canada

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
Can anyone please share their timeline.I’m a refugee in Malaysia.Done medical and it says received,I did the final interview too with the Canadian Embassy.He told me IOM will contact me in two weeks to tell me when I’ll be travelling but up till now no update….
How long does it take to travel after Final interview?

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
Can anyone please share their timeline.I’m a refugee in Malaysia.Done medical and it says received,I did the final interview too with the Canadian Embassy.He told me IOM will contact me in two weeks to tell me when I’ll be travelling but up till now no update….
How long does it take to travel after Final interview?
As far as I know, medical is the last step from approving your visa and it seems to take about 3-4 weeks for visa to be approved after you pass your medical. Have you received your visa? I'm not precisely sure as to when you will be travelling to Canada, but if you already received your visa, then I think it may take the same amount of time (about 4 weeks) to arrange your flight. I'm not exactly sure though. Are you an Afghan refugee and privately or government sponsored? I think IRCC is also currently prioritising Afghan refugees applications because they don't have access to resources and support where they currently live.

I am a refugee living in Pakistan. I also gave biometrics and had medical assessment in early March and I am waiting for my visa.

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
No I’m not an Afghan refugee. And I’ve not received my visa yet but it was all positive after the interview.He confirmed my travelling immediately after the meeting
Thanks for your reply
I wish you the very best mate

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
As far as I know, medical is the last step from approving your visa and it seems to take about 3-4 weeks for visa to be approved after you pass your medical. Have you received your visa? I'm not precisely sure as to when you will be travelling to Canada, but if you already received your visa, then I think it may take the same amount of time (about 4 weeks) to arrange your flight. I'm not exactly sure though. Are you an Afghan refugee and privately or government sponsored? I think IRCC is also currently prioritising Afghan refugees applications because they don't have access to resources and support where they currently live.

I am a refugee living in Pakistan. I also gave biometrics and had medical assessment in early March and I am waiting for my visa.
Hello there Did you receive your visa? I haven’t heard from them yet

NWARD

May 26, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am just wondering how long it took you to receive your visa after the medical. I have done my medical and biometric on 31st March but still, there is no update about the visa. Lately, I made an inquiry and they informed me that all assessments have passed and waiting for a decision on the file. I am an Afghan living outside of Afghanistan. I truly appreciate your response to this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am just wondering how long it took you to receive your visa after the medical. I have done my medical and biometric on 31st March but still, there is no update about the visa. Lately, I made an inquiry and they informed me that all assessments have passed and waiting for a decision on the file. I am an Afghan living outside of Afghanistan. I truly appreciate your response to this.
There is no exact timeline. If you are in Pakistan for example it will depend on when there is a large amount of applicants approved and a flight can be chartered because they will all fly together. It will also depend on when the settlement area is somewhat ready to absorb new refugees. There is a huge issue with cities being overwhelmed by refugees or arrivals from Ukraine while there is limited supply of temporary housing, affordable housing and general infrastructure like medical care. In terms of processing it also can depend on the office. Some are slower than others. All you can do is wait I’m afraid.

Reactions: NWARD

NWARD

May 26, 2023
There is no exact timeline. If you are in Pakistan for example it will depend on when there is a large amount of applicants approved and a flight can be chartered because they will all fly together. It will also depend on when the settlement area is somewhat ready to absorb new refugees. There is a huge issue with cities being overwhelmed by refugees or arrivals from Ukraine while there is limited supply of temporary housing, affordable housing and general infrastructure like medical care. In terms of processing it also can depend on the office. Some are slower than others. All you can do is wait I’m afraid.

Dear Canuck78,

Thank you for your response. I am currently in Turkey, and my case has been processed in Abu Dhabi. I can wait for as long as it takes, but all I need to know is the decision on the file because I am currently working here illegally, receiving cash payments. My resident permit strictly prohibits me from working in Turkey with this document. I do not want to face any issues with my employer when I leave the job, so I want to give notice in advance and hand it over to a new employee. I will resign after the decision on my case and then wait for as long as it takes. Fingers crossed!

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Dear Canuck78,

Thank you for your response. I am currently in Turkey, and my case has been processed in Abu Dhabi. I can wait for as long as it takes, but all I need to know is the decision on the file because I am currently working here illegally, receiving cash payments. My resident permit strictly prohibits me from working in Turkey with this document. I do not want to face any issues with my employer when I leave the job, so I want to give notice in advance and hand it over to a new employee. I will resign after the decision on my case and then wait for as long as it takes. Fingers crossed!
Don't resign to your job because of a decision made, if your ecas status changed to decision made, it doesn't mean that you are going to fly to Canada soon, here where I am I know refugee under PSR who got decision made last year but they are still here waiting for their flight to be scheduled.
You will resign once landed in Canada with your eCoPR.

Reactions: NWARD and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Canuck78,

There is no way to determine how long it will take so I would not give notice to your employer until you have concrete plans like a flight scheduled.

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
Here’s my timeline
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 17, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 18, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 16, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you a letter on January 16, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you a letter on March 2, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. We sent you correspondence on June 5, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does anyone here knows what the last line is about? I can only track my application on CAS as I can’t create another GCKey because IOM will be logged out and can’t follow my applicationI have done biometrics, medical and interview with the Canadian embassy
    So what could the last line be about??

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Here’s my timeline
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 17, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 18, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 16, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you a letter on January 16, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you a letter on March 2, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. We sent you correspondence on June 5, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does anyone here knows what the last line is about? I can only track my application on CAS as I can’t create another GCKey because IOM will be logged out and can’t follow my applicationI have done biometrics, medical and interview with the Canadian embassy
    So what could the last line be about??
It looks like they are finalizing to process your application, the next line will be Decision made.

NWARD

May 26, 2023
Dear All,

I am writing to seek your advice and guidance regarding the current status of my application. On March 23rd, I completed my medical examination, followed by the biometric process on March 31st. To gather more information, I reached out to the IRCC and also submitted a private act request. According to both sources, all of my assessments have been successfully passed. My file is an expedited case though.

Interestingly, I recently had a conversation with an individual who underwent the biometric and medical procedures on the same dates as me. Surprisingly, this person received their decision three weeks ago and even received their flight schedule for August. These developments have left me both curious and concerned about the prolonged duration of my application process. Lately, this situation has been causing me significant stress.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, insights, or advice you may have on this matter. Your time and attention in reading and responding to my request are sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear All,

I am writing to seek your advice and guidance regarding the current status of my application. On March 23rd, I completed my medical examination, followed by the biometric process on March 31st. To gather more information, I reached out to the IRCC and also submitted a private act request. According to both sources, all of my assessments have been successfully passed. My file is an expedited case though.

Interestingly, I recently had a conversation with an individual who underwent the biometric and medical procedures on the same dates as me. Surprisingly, this person received their decision three weeks ago and even received their flight schedule for August. These developments have left me both curious and concerned about the prolonged duration of my application process. Lately, this situation has been causing me significant stress.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, insights, or advice you may have on this matter. Your time and attention in reading and responding to my request are sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards,
Even if it is the same officer processing 2 applications submitted same day, it doesn't mean decision should be issued same time. There are other factors, workload and background check are most important one. Other officers take overtime, others dont....