+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee outside Canada

F

Friend of u

hello, I had my interview in April but no update in the system as well that I had my interview. may I know where is your visa office ?

There will be no updates for interview.
Don't worry

Mibr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Malaysia
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi everyone
First of all I wish good luck to all
As I can see here, all of you had your interview and then medical.
Can any one tell me what are the next steps after interview and medical?
After medical how much time for corp?
I don’t really know i did my interview and my medical plus additional test still no update

AZ.Khan

Mar 9, 2023
Even I did my additional medical exam they asked me for sputum because I had tb history but my family didn’t the sputum test only me I just wanna is that a positive sign how about my urine test and blood was it clear
I hope you have received your visa?

AZ.Khan

Mar 9, 2023
Yeah I did receive my PR already
That's fantastic. Congratulations. I have a couple of questions as I am also an Afghan refugee living in Pakistan and applied. I am almost about to recieve my visa and had my medical examination 3 days ago. Can I talk to you on WhatsApp, please? I have some questions.

Regards,

Mibr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Malaysia
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Singapore
That's fantastic. Congratulations. I have a couple of questions as I am also an Afghan refugee living in Pakistan and applied. I am almost about to recieve my visa and had my medical examination 3 days ago. Can I talk to you on WhatsApp, please? I have some questions.

Regards,
Yeah sure you can ask me anything you want

AZ.Khan

Mar 9, 2023
Hi everyone
First of all I wish good luck to all
As I can see here, all of you had your interview and then medical.
Can any one tell me what are the next steps after interview and medical?
After medical how much time for corp?
I applied in May 2022. I first had biometrics appointment and then 3 days later followed by a medical appointment. The next step most likely depends on your medical assessment, which is the last step from getting a visa I think. If your medical is clear, they will approve your visa in about 3-4 weeks. If they need any further medical tests, they will request you and schedule an appointment for you. If you're requested for a sputum test, the sputum test result takes about 2 months and you will have another x-ray after 3 months (3 months after your first x-ray), which means your visa will be delayed for about 3-4 months. As far as I can tell from my own experience and those I have come across at the IOM, these days the entire process takes about a year for Afghan refugees on average, which sounds expedited. I hope this helps.

Khajista

Mar 12, 2023
Hello everyone,
Can any one tell me is it possible to apply for asylum in Canada from Pakistan as a kashmiri?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Can any one tell me is it possible to apply for asylum in Canada from Pakistan as a kashmiri?
It is not possible to apply directly. You would need to obtain a TRV (tourist visa), travel to Canada, and then claim asylum once you arrive here.

Alternatively you would need to move out of Pakistan to another country and be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR once you are there. To apply for asylum to Canada, you would then either need to be sponsored through the Group of Five program by a family member or close friend in Canada or you would need to try to secure sponsorship through an organization in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you for guidance. Canada visit visa is not easy like acceptance ratio is very low.
Because some countries historically have a higher than normal rate of individuals applying for a tourist versus other countries , that when they arrive into Canada , they apply for asylum . Thus the acceptance rate is low.