+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee obtaining national passport after being granted asylum

London22

Jan 11, 2019
Guys
I have done a mistake which is I obtained national passport of my country of origin whilst being on refugee leave and the intention was to have it for the purpose of ID but not reavailment of protection my country of origin as I have never travelled on it .Now Im due to apply for Idefinte Leave to remain and afraid that I might get refugee status revoked or ceased.Im in London and posting in here because I saw a same case in Canadian immigration as well.Make your comments with the best knowledge.Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys
I have done a mistake which is I obtained national passport of my country of origin whilst being on refugee leave and the intention was to have it for the purpose of ID but not reavailment of protection my country of origin as I have never travelled on it .Now Im due to apply for Idefinte Leave to remain and afraid that I might get refugee status revoked or ceased.Im in London and posting in here because I saw a same case in Canadian immigration as well.Make your comments with the best knowledge.Thank You
If you mean London - as in London, UK - then you really need to post this question on a UK immigration forum. Canada's rules aren't relevant. All that matters is the UK's rules with regards to reavailment. Each country has it's own rules when it comes to asylum claimants.

Having said that, if you want to read about cessation in Canada, there's an active thread in the Citizenship section of the forum you can read through. But again, not at all relevant to the UK.

London22

Jan 11, 2019
If you mean London - as in London, UK - then you really need to post this question on a UK immigration forum. Canada's rules aren't relevant. All that matters is the UK's rules with regards to reavailment. Each country has it's own rules when it comes to asylum claimants.

Having said that, if you want to read about cessation in Canada, there's an active thread in the Citizenship section of the forum you can read through. But again, not at all relevant to the UK.
Thank you for your reply.UK immigration is a bit different than Canada but all refugees are treated under UNHCR so the cessation clauses are same .Yes different countries use them differently according to their own immigration rules.

London22

Jan 11, 2019
Oh. It's way too easy in UK. Just completely destroy your passport, note my words completely- shred it in to pieces and burn it. UK immigration will never deport you unless they can arrange travel documents which they never will be able to if the country of your citizenship is unstable politically.
No Mate ,here is changed now .Conservatives are so tough on immigration yes Labour a bit relaxed .They are very strict and have contracts with many countries to cooperate in making the travel docs including of mine.Im cant destroy the passport now as when applying for permanent residence they check with my country's embassy whether I obtained a passport or not.Also ,different govt agencies cooperate with each other to supply information and many govt agencies have my details.Uk have introduced the most toughest immigration laws at the moment and if you hide anything they ask and if they find out later on ,a deception is imposed on you which means a total destruction.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

London22

Jan 11, 2019
Hmm. I still think they can't get travel papers arranged if the other country does not cooperate. But yes you are right, if your information is with other govts., It can be a huge risk. Good luck to you!
Of course you are right to say that if a country like india or china doesn't cooperate in making of travel docs then UK home office cant deport their people and it happens here as I said the above countries and some others don't accept chartered flights of deportees .But UK has become the most toughest country to immigrate during the resent conservative govt.Yes it is easy peasy if you are a millionaire invester .
Im hopeful to be clear of this passport mistake as I am going to explain them out of control circumstances led me in making the passport and it is in UNHCR rules that occasional and incidental contacts with the national authorities cant be presumed reasons to revoke refugee status.

Reactions: andy.keeling