+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Notice of Decision

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello,
I got a call from my lawyer telling me our refugee claim has been accepted. But we still yet waiting to receive the letter of acceptance. Does anyone have an idea when it supposed to arrive?

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hello,
I got a call from my lawyer telling me our refugee claim has been accepted. But we still yet waiting to receive the letter of acceptance. Does anyone have an idea when it supposed to arrive?
hi its take 3 to 4 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Can take 2 weeks to multiple months. Depends on how up to date the member is with their paperwork.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
you got accepted on your first hearing ?
No I had two hearings one in October and second in March. I didn't receive my acceptance orally during the session. I waited for my decision. A few days ago I got a call from the lawyer that he saw the acceptance letter downloaded on his portal and he gave me a copy as well

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
That is fairly unusual and still falls under my 2 weeks to multiple months.
Wait but I got my decision after my hearing not during the hearing. I didn't receive an oral decision. The decision letter was updated on the portal my counsel has and he sent me a copy but I'm also waiting for original one by mail. Do you think in this case it would take months just to send a mail?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wait but I got my decision after my hearing not during the hearing. I didn't receive an oral decision. The decision letter was updated on the portal my counsel has and he sent me a copy but I'm also waiting for original one by mail. Do you think in this case it would take months just to send a mail?
It can take months although most do not wait that long after receiving an oral approval during their hearing. It really depends on whether the member is up to date on their paperwork and there are rare cases when members decide they want to further information some aspect of your profile. You will likely receive the NOD in 2-6 weeks.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
It can take months although most do not wait that long after receiving an oral approval during their hearing. It really depends on whether the member is up to date on their paperwork and there are rare cases when members decide they want to further information some aspect of your profile. You will likely receive the NOD in 2-6 weeks.
You're not understanding what I mean. I received my decision through my counsel who uses my case pirtal. He sent me the NOD with the signature of the IRB member and says the decision and reasons for acceptance. I'm just asking about the original NOD that I should receive by mail. There is no further examination it's done she wrote the NOD already and sent it to the counsel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You're not understanding what I mean. I received my decision through my counsel who uses my case pirtal. He sent me the NOD with the signature of the IRB member and says the decision and reasons for acceptance. I'm just asking about the original NOD that I should receive by mail. There is no further examination it's done she wrote the NOD already and sent it to the counsel.
Yes I understand you still need the hard copy by mail. If you have access tothe detailed decision via the portal you should be getting the decision by mail soon.