+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee naturalization- visit home country

Jan 7, 2024
happy new year to you guys
i am a naturalized refugee since 1 year . due unforeseen circumstances my elderly family is sick and need to take care of them as they are alone. after spending awhile in canada i have no other option than going back there as they are not able to come here due to a lack of funds and bad health conditions.
may i know whether my trip to my yome country affect my citizenship. i am planning to stay there for at least 1 year now that they need me more than anything

your insights are well appreciated
thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i am a naturalized refugee since 1 year . due unforeseen circumstances my elderly family is sick and need to take care of them as they are alone. after spending awhile in canada i have no other option than going back there as they are not able to come here due to a lack of funds and bad health conditions.
may i know whether my trip to my yome country affect my citizenship. i am planning to stay there for at least 1 year now that they need me more than anything

thanks in advance
If you are already a Canadian citizen, then you are free to travel to your home country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

thanks in advance
I hope you are grateful for being Canadian to make this happen..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

thanks in advance
Are you or aren’t you a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport? Your recent posts also say that you haven‘t applied for citizenship and are receiving either welfare or disability payments. Even if you are a citizen your welfare or disability payments will be affected if you move abroad for a year so will you be able to survive without these payments?