+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee married to Canadian citizen

Preet_1989

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
No need , just renew your WP under refugee claim, if you reside in Toronto you can call COSTI , they will assist you.
The one I did online was through my gckey account with my spousal sponsorship application was in March this year when my refugee claim was already dismissed. Last year when my refugee claim was still in process I did paper application. Like I said before, you need to contact those non profit organizations or agencies that assist with these kind of application to advice and assist you to apply. If you live in Toronto call COSTI.
thank you very much.... so when did you apply for spousal sponsorship and how long you are expecting to get it approved.I applied mine in March this year.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
thank you very much.... so when did you apply for spousal sponsorship and how long you are expecting to get it approved.I applied mine in March this year.
I applied December 2019 and it’s still in process, but I got AIP(approval) through the refugee health care workers pathway to PR so I am waiting for COPR ( confirmation of permanent residence)then I can withdraw the spousal sponsorship application.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I applied December 2019 and it’s still in process, but I got AIP(approval) through the refugee health care workers pathway to PR so I am waiting for COPR ( confirmation of permanent residence)then I can withdraw the spousal sponsorship application.
No approval yet from spousal sponsorship application over one year of application.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Did you get anything from ircc like medical request or biometrics etc?
I did medical 10 months after I applied and biometrics was updated on my profile with the one I did initially when I did refugee claim .. biometrics is valid for 10yrs. So I don’t think you ll be required to do biometrics again only medical.

Preet_1989

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Can someone tell me what should I do if Cic ask my police clearance for my home country for my spousal application because CBSA has my passport and it’s expired already. I just want to be prepared for that situation. Please someone reply.

momo25

Apr 22, 2024
It is such a relief to know that I can have my refugee claim going on and spousal sponsorship too.