+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee interviews

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my at the end of October and completed my medical, I was called for an interview but only for Biometric, but that day did not take any passport of my family and me. Neither passport photos. There was no interview. But I'm still waiting for my work Permit. My portal still says to go to the interview. Not sure what needs to be done.
There has been a huge influx of asylum seekers so there are backlogs. If your family qualified for a TRV you should have done funds and will have to live off those until you get a WP. The asylum process is often long and difficult.

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Exactly what I told you right
Sth weirdo happened in a portal! after twice IRCC completed background check, there is an update in portal Referral decision - February 15, 2023: Your application is in progress. They didn’t send me another interviews. It means without eligibility interview wanna making decision? I’m little bit worried now

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Sth weirdo happened in a portal! after twice IRCC completed background check, there is an update in portal Referral decision - February 15, 2023: Your application is in progress. They didn’t send me another interviews. It means without eligibility interview wanna making decision? I’m little bit worried now
Happends like that to many
IRB gives decision not IRCC.
Untill you have your eligibility interview and your case referred to IRB
You can’t get a decision
I think so

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Happends like that to many
IRB gives decision not IRCC.
Untill you have your eligibility interview and your case referred to IRB
You can’t get a decision
I think so
Oh ok , maybe they’ve sent it for referral decision to preparing the eligibility interview date after. I’m confused

chan2023

Jan 26, 2023
My children, wife and me were called by IRCC, interviewed, and issued my work permit. The new IRCC portal system is improving. I felt they are now more organized to serve claimants better than before.
In my Portal, I see now, "You will be provided with a decision shortly. " I'm not sure what does mean as I'm yet to get a date for a hearing.
I wish you all the best

Milkymilky

Feb 17, 2023
Hello can you share your timeline and where did you went to give your biometrics and submit your passport. What country are you from.

Milkymilky

Feb 17, 2023
I applied after 2 years been in Canada. I’m from Iran
October 29th submitted my application
Medical passed Jan 3rd
Passport seized and biometric on jan 30st ( no second interview)
Got a WP confirmation today 17th
Ok thankyou. I m also in the same boat. But I haven’t received any update yet I submitted my passport and biometric on jan 17th with my family and I haven’t received any update after that.

Reactions: Mitti

Milkymilky

Feb 17, 2023
Medical passed Jan 3rd
Do you already got the brown paper ? Refugee document ?

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Medical passed Jan 3rd
Interesting but how will you get your sin number without your rcd. Because its given on the second interview unless they gave it to you on the first Interview?

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hello can you share your timeline and where did you went to give your biometrics and submit your passport. What country are you from.
Applied dec 8 2022
Medical dec 12 2022
Background check dec 29 2022
Document submitted feb 3 2023
WP confirmation today feb 17 2023