+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claims eligibility

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
Hello, guys I’m just wondering if my situation is eligible for refugee claiming. I came to Canada last year for school and it was a total escape for me. I’m very paranoid that I’ll ever need to go back to my country. I’m gay, from china and I was raped and followed by this one person from my city for almost 3 years before I left China. Also my parents have the intention to force me to marry a girl. Other than these we r also Chinese minority Christians and our church got taken down back in 2016 which is a violation of religious freedom.
I know my situation is very different compare to ppl from war countries and I’m just wondering my chances of getting an approval.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, guys I’m just wondering if my situation is eligible for refugee claiming. I came to Canada last year for school and it was a total escape for me. I’m very paranoid that I’ll ever need to go back to my country. I’m gay, from china and I was raped and followed by this one person from my city for almost 3 years before I left China. Also my parents have the intention to force me to marry a girl. Other than these we r also Chinese minority Christians and our church got taken down back in 2016 which is a violation of religious freedom.
I know my situation is very different compare to ppl from war countries and I’m just wondering my chances of getting an approval.
Well your case is not that different from many people only thing is that you have to establish more reason why you far you maybe hurt if you go back to your country. And pray and for the best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you still in school? Qualifying under CEC is a way to control whether you qualify for PR in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am, second year
How many years do you have left? You have much more control of your ability to remain in Canada if you graduate, apply for PGWP, work for 1 year in NOC 0, A or B and apply for CEC or other economic immigration program.