+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant work permit

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
We didn't worked yet in Canada..

So if I choose the 2nd option and they need a medical exam I will get later the new work permit, right?

If maybe I get a job befor expire date, I can still work til I get the new permit?

In my place which option would you choose?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
We didn't worked yet in Canada..

So if I choose the 2nd option and they need a medical exam I will get later the new work permit, right?

If maybe I get a job befor expire date, I can still work til I get the new permit?

In my place which option would you choose?
Since refuge claimant work permit don't gives status I'm not sure if you can work when your current permit will expired even if you already ask for an extention. Inplied status may not apply in this case.

If you choose option 1, your explanation letter can say that you still looking for a job instead of wish to remain on work.

Option 2 may be risky, saying yes at question: Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months? (which is not true, IRCC can be without forgiveness with declarations that turn to be not truth)

This is not very good advise altogether :oops:

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
Option 1: I have to pay a lot of fee just because we're appeal on RAD, but there is:

"There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?

No, my family member is exempt from paying fees for this application.

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

No, I am exempt from paying fees for this application."

Document: Proof of Fee Exemption

There are some programs under which applicants are exempt from fees. Applicants who are exempt from paying fees do not need to make a payment for their online application.

Find out more about fee exemptions in Part 19 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Claiming that you qualify for a fee exemption when you do not under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will result in delays in processing, or possible refusal of your application.

If you were provided with a letter stating you are exempt from paying fees, please provide it. If you were not provided with such a letter, please provide a written explanation as to why you are exempt, with supporting documents, if applicable.

Option 2: I answered "yes" to medical exam and finally I get the documents what I need to upload:

"Proof of upfront medical exam"

I'll choose the 1st one. I can't pay $520 for work permits but I need it to find a job. I'll write a letter and I'll attach it as a proof.

Last edited:

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Option 1: I have to pay a lot of fee, except I choose this answer:

"There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

No, I am exempt from paxing fees for this application"

Option 2: I answered "yes" to medical exam and finally I get the documents what I need to upload:

"Proof of upfront medical exam"
Ok If it's easier for you, you can do it! Print the form and did you new medical before submiting your file. With IFHP you don't pay for medical either.

Strange... they always made me pay for my work permit, even before final decision. When I first submited in 2015 with option 2, I received a letter 2 week later asking to pay the fees.

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
I answered to medical exam that we don't have it (in the last 12 months) and after that there was a question, that we want to work in: e.g. nurse or work in a laboratory and I said NO.

About 2 weeks ago I tried to apply a work permit and I didn't get this question:

"There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?"

I think it's a new thing. I'll try that and I'll response to you what happened.

I'm really appreciate for your help!!

God bless you!

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
I answered to medical exam that we don't have it (in the last 12 months) and after that there was a question, that we want to work in: e.g. nurse or work in a laboratory and I said NO.

About 2 weeks ago I tried to apply a work permit and I didn't get this question:

"There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?"

I think it's a new thing. I'll try that and I'll response to you what happened.

I'm really appreciate for your help!!

God bless you!

You'r welcome dear, Amen!

If you said you are exempted, they will then ask to upload exemption proof. This question is there since the first time I try it in 2015 I think.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request